Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Fiat x1/9
55ant

posted on 13/4/10 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Fiat x1/9

a while ago there was a fiat x1/9 being offered on here and im very very grateful and chuffed to say that i am now the proud new owner!

a massive thankyou to dave (panichat), genuinly one of the nicest chaps i have had the pleasure of meeting.

i went with my good friend alex and his completely incompetant sat nav, i didnt know you could buy them with no sense of direction.

so after sorting the car out we headed for home, took 3 hours to get there so where hoping for the same back, and it was full of some rather interesting moments, the only problems we had where with the battery, all we had to do was fill the car up with electricity a few times and it roared back into life. one of these moments occured when it cut out (alright i stalled it, what a numpty) on a v.busy motorway roundabout with a huge tanker behind me.

once we got home after about 4 hours we took the roof of and went out for a bit of a drive, great fun, brilliant car.

so the plan is to show it some love, then hopefully of to italy in the summer with it for a bit of a rally!

once again i cant thank dave enough, an excellent example of why people on this club are such a great bunch.

ant

panichat

posted on 13/4/10 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you made it back ok.
Have fun.
Dave

Hammerhead

posted on 13/4/10 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
always liked the x1/9. Near where i live there was a pair of them rotting in someones front garden. They were there years, and I wanted to buy the pair to make one good one, unfortunately I was quite young and poor at the time, so it didn't happen, eventually they disappeared, probably to the scrap yard.

Boyhood dreams eh?

keith777

posted on 13/4/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
I suggest you join the owners club,a very knowlegable bunch[just like on here]and various links to parts suppliers. ps good luck with your Italy trip !!
lotusmadandy

posted on 13/4/10 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
When i was a youngster,i owned a w reg x1/9 for about two year's.It was a great car and even kept the weather out through a couple of nasty winter's.

Show it that love and enjoy it,there's to few of them left on the road's.

Andy

MakeEverything

posted on 13/4/10 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a clapped out old X1/9 and limped it home to stevenage from Essex through london.
I planned to cut it around and make something different from it, but from a council garage, this was pretty impossible so i ended up selling it for £15 or something stupid.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

keith777

posted on 13/4/10 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
If I knew how to post pics I'd stick some of mine on !
neilj37

posted on 13/4/10 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't know there were so many hair dressers on this forum
AndyW

posted on 13/4/10 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
i got rid of my x19 last year to make way for the kit!!! Unfortunatley mine was no more than a pile of rust held together by paint!!
55ant

posted on 14/4/10 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
cheers all, ill keep a bit of an update on it every now and again.

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.