Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy vs Indy R
atkin

posted on 15/4/10 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Indy vs Indy R

I can see the difference in design but what does this translate too on the road/track?

Is the extra expensive worth it?

mackei23b

posted on 15/4/10 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
I've built an Indy and been out in Danny's Indy R.

Yes the Indy R does feel better, that said if it's mainly road with the odd track day either will be great.

If I was to build another one, I'd probably go for an Indy R, as it would be built to a track spec.

Cheers

Ian

fesycresy

posted on 15/4/10 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
The question is, when you've built the car and spent £8k plus, would you think I wish I saved £600 more and got the R.

I know I would, so for me get the R.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

MikeFellows

posted on 15/4/10 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
having not built anything before I went for the R as well like someone said its £600 difference

in the grand scheme of the car its not a lot more really.

Thanks

Mike

PAUL FISHER

posted on 15/4/10 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Ive had both the standard Indy,and the Indy R,both great cars on the road and track,but the Indy R felt so much better,if you see the extra work and design that goes into the R chassis I think its a real bargain for the extra cash,its around £600 now,but the car will be worth around £1500 to £2000 more, when you come to sell it
scootz

posted on 15/4/10 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul... how do you find the Chim 500?

It's Evolution Baby!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 15/4/10 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Love it scootz,just bought it in September last year as a end of season bargain,Ive always wanted one,but bought it knowing if I did not like it I could sell it in the spring and make a few quid,but I enjoy driving it so much I don't want to sell it,I am not taking it on the track,but I am taking it touring Scotland in July,the wife would never come out in the Indys but she likes the TVR,heater,a roof when it rains,the sound,pulls like a train,and 24mpg average
kitcarcollection

posted on 8/5/10 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
i race an indy (old model) and the handling is certainly not better than that of caterhams, westfields and probably the indy r.

The issu is (Ithink) the Sierra hubs and position of steering arms and turning points. With some extra camber and toe out the cornering can be improved.

Regarding chassis and rear suspension, the old indy is nothing worse than the R I think. Its just the front wishbones/shocks setup

I would like to know if anybody here with the older Indy model has made improvements on this (some have installed cortina hubs I know)

Dutch kitcarcollection.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.