Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MEV Rocket 1.6 Zetec SE SOLD SOLD SOLD
pocket rocket

posted on 29/4/10 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
MEV Rocket 1.6 Zetec SE SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hi Guys

house forces very sad sale of my Rocket :'(

After my other half was made redundant a few months ago money has been tight, iv hung on for as long as i can but the time has come to sell the Rocket to save guard the house :-[

What makes it worse it that the car is so close to being finished and ready for iva so i was very close to my dream of building and driving my own car on the road . It needs the rear ally panel and rear quarter ally panel fitting and the fuel filling point extending to keep the iva man happy.
After that its just the light set and small jobs like the normal rubber trim and nut covers and she's ready to go.

The car has been build as per Mev instructions so has a wilwood pedal box, MC's and 4 pot calipers at the front with focus calipers at the back with new disc's and pads front and rear. rather than use copper lines iv used braided lines through out the whole car, just because they look cool ;D

It has standard cortina uprights but alloy front hubs and new bearings and also has new rear hubs and bearings from ford rather than reckon the old focus items. it has the normal gaz shocks all round and 17" momo alloys with toyo proxy's (but these are getting a bit low now)

the engine is a 1.6 zetec SE with a puma manifold and cat and then custom pipe work with an R1 can, its got a nice sound to it but isn't to loud and should be fine for IVA (after which point i planned to fit a race can) the exhaust system from cat the end can has been wrapped with carbon exhaust wrap.

the engine had around 50k on it when removed from the focus and iv them put about 10 miles on it ;D
iv changed all the fluids and plugs and was going to do the leads but to be honest the engine runs very well and it doesn't really need them right now.

iv had the car out a number of times, each time its got up to temp no problems with no sign of overheating and it starts from hot or cold with no worries, the rad is new and from a Cleo and all the hoses on show when you look under the bonnet/boot are blue silicone and have been double j clipped for safety.

iv got well over 100 build photos on disc and all the paperwork in a folder and samples of the braided lines and fittings etc off the car to show the iva man.

Im doing my very best to get the car to stoneleigh for both sunday and monday and will be on the MEV stand so anyone interested can have a good look at the car and ask any questions and im sure a bit of a drive isn't out of the question.

here is some pic's from last sundays test drive and how the car looks at the moment...

so there we are, the car has just over 100BHP but only weighs 500kg so it is very fast!!!

anyone interested (or if you know someone who might be interested) drop me a PM or contact me on 07877 350792 or catch me at stoneleigh.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

kind regards

Phil

[Edited on 30/4/10 by pocket rocket]

Dam...iv consused my ability with my intentions!

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

eddie99

posted on 29/4/10 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Very sorry to hear of the sale!!! If i had a spare 6k, i would be straight in! What a stunning car!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
pocket rocket

posted on 29/4/10 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
thanks mate
im really sad to have to sell it... so close but yet so far.

as soon as i have the cash i will get another one (when ever that may be)

iv wanted to build a car a take it to a show since i was 16... i guess ill get to do that but this isn't really what i had in mind

Guinness

posted on 29/4/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Very sorry to hear of the sale!!! If i had a spare 6k, i would be straight in! What a stunning car!

Wot he said!

stuleah

posted on 29/4/10 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
sorry to here youve got to sell, i was looking forward to a drive out with you when mine is done.
pocket rocket

posted on 30/4/10 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

a weight off my mind but very sad to see it go :-(

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.