Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lost Finale -spoilers
BenB

posted on 24/5/10 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Lost Finale -spoilers

So who watched it then?
Personally I'm disappointed.
It was exactly what it appeared to be (despite the protestations that it wasn't by the producers) and none of the answers got answered.
Jeeeez.

And they never did answer what the polar bears where.....

Mr G

posted on 24/5/10 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Definately left it with an open ending for them to come back to it a few years down the road, mark my words!

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

DRC INDY 7

posted on 24/5/10 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
bit like ashes to ashes

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

Mr Whippy

posted on 24/5/10 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
couldn't get into it, just dragged out and seemed like so many previous programs

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_claydon

posted on 25/5/10 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
And they never did answer what the polar bears where.....

I never understand why people get so hung up on the polar bears, I thought it was explained a looong time ago that the Dharma people brought them and were experimenting on them (hence the cages on Hydra Island). Presumably they escaped when it all went t*ts up and swan over to the main island.

Edit: This from t'internet:

quote:

Polar bears were brought to the Island by the DHARMA Initiative, who held them in cages at the Hydra station. Text on the blast door map suggests that DHARMA Initiative researchers were attempting to genetically modify the polar bears to allow them to survive warmer climates. At least some of the polar bears survived the Purge, after which they were freed from their cages and swam to the main Island. After the crash of Oceanic Flight 815 in 2004, survivors of the crash occasionally encountered and were threatened by the bears, and Charlotte Lewis discovered the skeleton of a DHARMA Initiative polar bear in Tunisia that same year.

[Edited on 25/5/10 by matt_claydon]

splitrivet

posted on 25/5/10 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Didnt watch it after season 3, like so many American series (heroes, ER ) etc the plots seem to go pear shaped and the writers run out ideas. They should finish them on a high instead of dragging them out.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

thegodplato

posted on 25/5/10 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
I'm afraid it had to be the worst ever ending in history. I was a huge fan of it especially in the early days but the last 2 seasons have got more and more confusing. Seemed to me the writers ran out of ideas on how to confuse us and how to make a really good ending so opted for an easy `everyone dies when the plane crashed` ending.
Perhaps they should have all been in an experimentation lab run by Dharma, like a virtual reality type of thing?
I went to be bed last night after watching Fridays episode and the 2 1/2 hr last one all in one sitting and was left feeling very let down.
Perhaps we should all go round to the writers and put them in a cage with the polar bears or the smoke monster!

I have now decided to not design/build my car and go into writing the most convaluted pointless story, sell it to some dumb TV company and make millions, then buy Ferrari and make some really awesome cars!!!

quote:

Didnt watch it after season 3, like so many American series (heroes, ER ) etc the plots seem to go pear shaped and the writers run out ideas. They should finish them on a high instead of dragging them out.
Cheers,
Bob

Heroes is starting to go that way but ER??? Come on its only a hospital drama and the best. If they stopped that should they stop Holby or Casualty, or why not go the whole hog and stop Corrie / Eastenders / Emeradale, etc. They are a complete waste of time!!
I know perhaps we should just turn the TV's off and go building our cars instead!

[Edited on 25/5/10 by thegodplato]

If you've never done anything wrong, you've never done anything

splitrivet

posted on 25/5/10 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Heroes is being finished as far as I know. As for corrie and eastenders not that I watch them but the plots just seem to go on and on which is why I made the point with American series.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

Tipster69

posted on 25/5/10 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Well I didn't think it was a bad ending. Me and the missus have never missed an episode and I'm not afraid to admit I am somewhat sad to see it finished.

In true LOST fashion, I think each of us will work out what we think it was all about, and there will be many differing opinions.

[Edited on 25/5/10 by Tipster69]

BenB

posted on 25/5/10 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
Well I think it was a load of bollocks.

As one of the people on a forum I read said

"I thought it was a sci-fi program and it turns out I've wasted six years watching a semi-religious soap-opera"

Tipster69

posted on 25/5/10 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Well I think it was a load of bollocks.

As one of the people on a forum I read said

"I thought it was a sci-fi program and it turns out I've wasted six years watching a semi-religious soap-opera"

Each to their own. I suppose a lot depends on whether you classed it has a "Sci-Fi Program" or a "Character Based Drama" or maybe "a bit of both".

[Edited on 25/5/10 by Tipster69]

Stott

posted on 25/5/10 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I think the conclusion was that everyone lost their time watching it.

I spent it drinkin beer and smokin fags instead...... lol

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.