Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA
DAN-MNR-ZX12R

posted on 26/5/10 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
IVA

Hi guys,
I'm nearing the end of my first build, and I'm just wandering how to go about getting the car IVA tested. I've looked on the net and DVLA website and it's all a bit confusing. If you could piont me in the right direction for forms and info that would be great.

iank

posted on 26/5/10 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
IVA testing is done by VOSA not the DVLA - yes the joys of dealing with multiple government departments

Start here
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_177879

Good luck

If you don't already have it the most important source of information is the manual
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_Theme_files/124_IVA_M1_Inspection_Manual__Version_4.pdf

ETA: Worth talking to MNR as they have a good handle of the test with respect to their cars.

[Edited on 26/5/10 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

DAN-MNR-ZX12R

posted on 26/5/10 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
cheers bud.
Yeah I've already got the guidelines. Its just the forms I was struggling with.

Nash

posted on 26/5/10 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Dan,
Ring VOSA and they will send you the form pack. Fill it in and follow the guide notes. Make sure your build manual is up to date as you need to send a copy of all of that to VOSA with the forms (inc Photo's).

VOSA will ring you to take payment £450 if by card. Then someone will take about a week to process your paperwork. You will get another call to agree a date and time. The paperwork and appointment details will then be sent to you.

Take all the original paperwork with you to the test inc photo's.

In terms of DVLA paperwork, ring DVLA (number on website) they will send you a pack with the V55/4 (if a new build) V55/5 (kit built from donar parts) and a few other V--- forms to fill in. You will need the MAC form (IVA pass certificate) to help you complete the forms. You will need Insurance Cert and proof of Id details) Send or take to your local DVLA office and arrange an appointment (£55 reg fee plus Road Fund Tax).

This I know as I am at this stage right now. I failed the IVA on the 17th May with 3 minor issues (now fixed) my re-test is next Wednesday and I have part completed the paperwork for DVLA Popping odwn next Tuesday morning with paperwork to arrange an appointment.

Good Luck......... Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

t16turbotone

posted on 27/5/10 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
...........or if you really dont want all the hassle yourself, give Paul Jepson a call on 0118 984 2303 he sorts it all out for a small charge.

tony

afj

posted on 27/5/10 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Second using paul jepson he gets all of the paperwork for you he fills all the paperwork in for you then he sends it to you, you sign and send it off easy

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DAN-MNR-ZX12R

posted on 27/5/10 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys I'll keep you posted.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.