Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Whats up with sellers who wont post / courier.
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 3/6/10 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Whats up with sellers who wont post / courier.

Im seeing an increase people selling stuff on the forum with the cant be bothered to post sticker on it.
If you advertise on a national forum then you should expect buyers from all over.
I understand some stuff may not travel well but for most parts a courier service should be expected to pick up the gear at some stage of the transaction
I have sent stuff all round the world and my packing has always been top notch.
If you dont want to post stick it in your local gumtree rather than advertising internationaly then saying its pickup only
rant over

[Edited on 3-6-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

[Edited on 3-6-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

coozer

posted on 3/6/10 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Bone idle...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

flak monkey

posted on 3/6/10 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Some people genuinely dont have time.

Courier for me is a PITA as no one is home during the day all week and I am not having a day off waiting for a courier to turn up on the off chance!

Likewise it costs 2x as much to send heavier stuff through royal mail, then people complain they could have got delivery for £8 with P2G or Interparcel.

[Edited on 3/6/10 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

balidey

posted on 3/6/10 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
What up with couriers who don't do pick ups after 6pm when I am actually at home and not at work trying to make some money.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

INDY BIRD

posted on 3/6/10 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
as its a big pain in the arsx sometimes as said above,

waiting in all day for a courier that may not come?? i am waiting today for one to collect waste of my time,

my nearest post office is 20 mins and cost £1 to park so all the inconvinience on the seller which time is money and none on the buyer if you want it you know what to do collect it??

guess thats why i have posted my heavy stuff for collection only as last time i got stung posting a diff wasnt even worth selling it in the end after postage and packaging.

rant over

chrsgrain

posted on 3/6/10 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
I think if people are posting stuff on here for 'sale' its often to get rid of it and to help other people out - hence they can't be having with the hassle of postage / couriers etc.... which is fair enough I think...

On the other hand - if you're selling as a business or home trader, then you do need to get it sorted....

Chris

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

jossey

posted on 3/6/10 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
meeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bmseven

posted on 3/6/10 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
^- What they all said -^

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 3/6/10 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

Great to see your contribution to the discussion.....why did you even bother to lift your right finger would it not be better served else where round the back

jossey

posted on 3/6/10 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
well i did start to write something worth while and give some productive feedback about your comment. but my head told me to just say meowwww.

good to see your having a ranting day.

feel free to check out http://www.kalmsstress.com/

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

Great to see your contribution to the discussion.....why did you even bother to lift your right finger would it not be better served else where round the back

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 3/6/10 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
I often get stuff picked up from work or even have left it in an agreed place to pick up from.
The couriers we have round here are good at picking up. waiting for in for couriers whats that about?
get it sent to a neighbour granny or other place.
some of the companys have sat deliverys.
Costs I make a price for the goods then the buyer picks up the tab for the courier.
packaging cost added to the price.

there is always a way

Liam

posted on 3/6/10 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
There's also the fact you're more likely to be scammed if you post stuff, so maybe people just prefer a face to face cash deal. If you really want something that's advertised pick-up only and it's too far, just ask them if you can arrange your own courrier. Presumably they wont mind who picks it up as long as you pay first.
fha772

posted on 3/6/10 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
I seem to be in a "blackhole", as far as couriers are concerned.
They will deliver to me, but i can't get any to collect from me!!
I have to take stuff to them, which is a 20-30 mins drive!!!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6743&start=105

mcerd1

posted on 3/6/10 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
I had a similar rant a while back about wheels - then found a good set of 4 on the bay and the guy only wanted £25 p&p
(with old tyres still on)

[Edited on 3/6/2010 by mcerd1]

-

scootz

posted on 3/6/10 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Wheels with tyres... now THEY are a proper PITA to courier! Nothing to do with the courier process mind... it's wrapping the buggers so they don't get damaged in transit! What to use... how to do it???

Mind you... when you live in East Lothian, then it's unlikely I'm going to find a local buyer, so needs must!

It's Evolution Baby!

mcerd1

posted on 3/6/10 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Mind you... when you live in East Lothian, then it's unlikely I'm going to find a local buyer, so needs must!

^^ you need to start selling of the bits I need then

-

scootz

posted on 3/6/10 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Whatcha needin?

PS - I see your 'squatting-man' was on the telly the other night. Have you started to dismantle him yet?

It's Evolution Baby!

mcerd1

posted on 3/6/10 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
not quite - there are a few more news papers etc that want pics first....

then its off to the netherlands (just down the road from the donkey factory I think )

I could give you a list of the bits I still need... (gauges, brake lines........)
but instead I'm going to preempt mango - the first thing I need is some one to come and put it all together for me

[Edited on 3/6/2010 by mcerd1]

-

mid-buggy

posted on 3/6/10 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
I cant have stuff collected by courier because I work till after 1800hrs and none collect after then.

So some of my stuff (the big bits) are collect only, the smaller stuff via PO on a saturday.

(My po wont accept large heavy items in case of back injury)

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 3/6/10 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a similar problem getting stuff picked up from work, and not being able to guarantee someone to be at home.

I guess farmiliarity makes things easier - more of a problem if you have only used couriers once before...

Hellfire

posted on 3/6/10 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I much prefer to collect stuff that I've bought. That way, I know where to go back to should anything go wrong. When building the Indy, I collected the wheels and tyres from Scotland, the exhaust came from Southend on Sea and numerous other parts from all corners of the country. I've seen some great places and met some really interesting people.

The fact that I'm a Yorkshireman and get free company fuel has nothing to do with it. Honest

Phil

Peteff

posted on 3/6/10 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Problem solved, get Phil to collect for you

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

MikeRJ

posted on 4/6/10 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
Im seeing an increase people selling stuff on the forum with the cant be bothered to post sticker on it.

Totally their prerogative; the seller is doing the selling and is therefore free to set the conditions of the sale. I completely understand why they wouldn't want to send stuff via a courier.

Firstly you have to pack it up well enough that is doesn't get destroyed by the courier monkeys playing football with it. That means sourcing the relevant packing materials and spending time packing it. Many people don't have much free time, and spending what little they do have packing stuff up likely doesn't appeal.

Then you have to find time to take it to the couriers whilst they are open, or you have to wait for them to (maybe) turn up at your house if they provide a collection service. Either way, this will be at a time when most people are at work earning their crust.

Then you have the fussy buyer issue, where they kick off about the slightest scratch on a s/h item; hopefully not too much of a problem on here but you can't be sure.

Finally what happens if it does arrive in pieces despite spending time packing it up? A shed load of hassle trying to claim money back from couriers which likely won't lead anywhere.

All in all for cheap items the money made by the seller is often not worth the hassle. For valuable stuff the risk is high.

edit: the seller sells, not the buyer. Oops.

[Edited on 5/6/10 by MikeRJ]

JoelP

posted on 4/6/10 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
mike has it in a nutshell. I never post items, even though i know it limits how much the item can sell for. I simply dont have time to wait for couriers.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 5/6/10 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the cheeky post but it was to provoke you lot into telling me exactly what your problems regards pick up delivery for market research ect.
I cant fix the couriers breaking stuff ect
but I may have a system to get your pickup delivery sorted

OK I have an idea /system to handle these problems...just watch this space.

[Edited on 5-6-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.