Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LC1 spasm?
flak monkey

posted on 5/6/10 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
LC1 spasm?

My LC1 has randomly decided to stop reading correctly.

Normally reads 0v (0.5 lamda 7.5afr) on warm up then once hot without engine running goes to 5v (1.5 lamda 22afr) and then to whatever the engines running at when you start it up.

Now its stuck at 7.5afr without the engine running and sometimes creeps up to 10.5afr and nothing more.

The engines definately still running right. And I get the same readins to the dash and to the ECU which are connected seperately to the 2 different analogue outputs on the LC1.

Any ideas before I start pulling it all apart?!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

omega 24 v6

posted on 5/6/10 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Ha ha David we are defo on the same wave length today. Mines is swinging wildly from 7AFR to 20AFr and does not correspond to the gauge on tuner studio at all. BUT the car is running fine. There seems to be a time out then then it works again. Looks like another sensors gone tits up I'm afraid. Cheapest I can find is £54 unless you can source it cheaper.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

turboben

posted on 5/6/10 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Mines gone mad a couple of times but its usually ok after I remove the sensor and do the free air calib.
flak monkey

posted on 5/6/10 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yep going to try a recalibration tomorrow and see if that fixes it.

If not, then I am not overly worried as the cars set up properly now anyway. Its just handy to keep an eye on it

Sera

brianthemagical

posted on 5/6/10 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Read the fault code before calibration so you know where to start if it goes wrong again/isn't fixed by calibration.
omega 24 v6

posted on 5/6/10 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Ain't no fault codes on mine the led stays permanently lit. just a sensor failure I think.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

matt_gsxr

posted on 6/6/10 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
Connecting the laptop up directly to the LC-1 helps read the diagnostic codes (counting flashing lights is a pain). Also it allows you to read the lambda value directly from the LC-1 (I read mine from the MS, and the output scaling could perhaps get corrupted).

Sensor failure sounds possible (I had this with mine, but for me this gave high AFR).

Matt

flak monkey

posted on 6/6/10 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Done a recalibrate etc and no difference.

It reports the correct values in logworks but neither of the analogue outputs are giving the correct voltage

They are definately programmed correctly in the LC1 programmer, but checked with a meter the outputs are only putting out 0.1v.

More problems

ETA - doest report correct values when engine is running, fine on warmup before startin the engine, then after that it reads 7.afr all the time unless you rev it, then it flicks up to 15 or so then settles back at 7.5.

[Edited on 6/6/10 by flak monkey]

Sera

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.