Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clutch cylinders
WAYNE10

posted on 8/6/10 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Clutch cylinders

Any help on whats the best clutch set up on a bec i have hopefully attached a pic off off what I have already but look a bit iffy.

blakep82

posted on 8/6/10 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
have you got space to fit a master cylinder like you have on the brakes? don't know what size to go for though

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

WAYNE10

posted on 8/6/10 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Looks to be room, does anyone else have a set up like mine?
DIY Si

posted on 9/6/10 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
I've just finished re-doing my clutch set up.

I've used, with many, many thanks to Mike, the Westfield set up at the engine end. This involves using what I think is a classic mini clutch slave attached to the engine via two brackets to hold it in the correct place. I then used an R1 rear brake master cylinder fitted with home brew brackets, an M8 rose joint and hex extender to meet the pedal as the master cylinder. It cost me the grand sum of about £30 to do, but only because Mike wouldn't accept any money for the westy bits. The parts wouldn't be too hard to make though, they're just bits of plate with threaded bungs on them to bolt the slave to.

It all went together very nicely and has given me much more pedal feel and due to the nature of the R1 master, it doesn't really need a pedal stop which saves some bother too.

I can try and take some pics later if you'd like?

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

WAYNE10

posted on 9/6/10 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Pics would be great as a lot of this is new to me and I would like to try and get most of it right from the start.
Thanks for the info.
Wayne

DIY Si

posted on 10/6/10 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
I'll pop out to the garage tomorrow and see what I can do.

Once you see the pics, it should help explain how easy/simple it was to sort out. Even with making the brackets, it only took me a few hours to sort out with a vice and hammer to make/bend the brackets and a drill to knock some holes in it. The engine brackets would be a bit harder to make, but only because they need to be more accurate to get the slave held right.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

WAYNE10

posted on 12/6/10 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.