Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rover v8 engine loom
jimmyjoebob

posted on 15/6/10 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Rover v8 engine loom

I am currently installing a flapper afm type engine loom into my car - I didn't take the loom out of the donor. Is the engine loom separate to or incorporated into the main loom? I have two 'red with yellow trace' wires appearing from the loom binding midway between the engine and the ecu connection. All the diagrams I can find show no engine component using these colour wires (although it shows elsewhere in the car as fog light wiring). Can I ignore them or am I using the wrong wiring diagram?

[Edited on 15/6/10 by jimmyjoebob]

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried!

mark chandler

posted on 15/6/10 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Completely separate, from distant memory you have the plug midway, this needs a permanent battery, switched battery and earth. The two other wires are not used.
jimmyjoebob

posted on 16/6/10 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for that - I unwound some of the covering from the loom around the mystery wires and it looks like they were added for an immobiliser/alarm installation.

I have the wires you mentioned identified now so hopefully it will be running tomorrow evening!

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.