Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The men in Green
Jon Ison

posted on 18/6/10 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
The men in Green

Where better than the men in white, simple as that.

keith777

posted on 18/6/10 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
RUBBISH !
Triton

posted on 18/6/10 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
I hope the over paid ones in white get kicked out.....

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 18/6/10 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Sack the lot of them in white and grey
big-vee-twin

posted on 18/6/10 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Capello should make them walk home

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2753
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 18/6/10 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
Capello should make them walk home

Why bother letting them come home.

dazzx10r

posted on 18/6/10 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
beep beep beep beep, hear that? that's the england bus reversing up to take em back to the airport!
what a load of tossers, still I suppose £100k a week makes life a little more bearable!

richardh

posted on 18/6/10 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
utter rubbish

Time for a change!

Puzzled

posted on 18/6/10 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
What is the matter with you guys???
I support another "men in green team"unfortunately due to circumstances my team did"nt get to Africa. I can tell you one thing, if they were there , theres no way they would be BOOED off the field. There is no such thing any more as an easy game at international level. The days are over when the TOP NATIONS are SHOE INS. Look at what happened to Germany.Get behind your team, support them, all is not lost and I for one think they will get through to the next round, and THE BEST OF LUCK TO THEM!!!.

D Beddows

posted on 18/6/10 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
You have to feel sorry for them - they have an average IQ of about 50 and get paid HUGE amounts of cash to either kick a ball to some foreign bloke or get a ball kicked to them by some other foreign bloke.........then they get taken to somewhere foreign and all the foreign blokes are on different teams.........must be quite scary.........

will121

posted on 18/6/10 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
it was just a dire performance by england all seemed frightened to shoot and no confinence, booing them might not help bit did they deserve anything better??
norfolkluego

posted on 18/6/10 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
I think the fans had every right to boo them. It's not as if they went down fighting was it, didn't look interested, pathetic quite frankly and if Rooney doesn't like getting booed I suggest he tries a different line of work like the rest of us. We have to learn to live with criticism but don't get a 100K a week softener.

Edit
If I'd paid that amount of money to support them I'd have been booing thankfully I've got a money pit with four wheels on it

[Edited on 18/6/10 by norfolkluego]

Puzzled

posted on 18/6/10 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Just because things did"nt go right on the night, is no reason to loose faith in your team. I seem to remember they topped their group in the qualifieng stages , with some great performances. Rooney is one of the best players in the world,its obvious to anyone who knows anything about football that he is carrying an injury. Nobody tries harder than he does.The opposition should be given recognition for not allowing England to play up to their potential.
"England expects" and all that rubbish, is for the birds. There are other teams out there that will try to win , but when they dont perform, you dont hear THEIR fans booing THEM. As for their wages?? Good luck to them,just ask the players of the 50s and early 60s about MAXIMUM wages of those days.Its a funny thing, if those lads turn things around,do well and win the bloody thing, will you all turn up at the airport and BOO them then???Seems to me you are all FAIR WEATHER SUPPORTERS!!!!!.

iank

posted on 18/6/10 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think it's the result, more the apparent lack of effort that's causing the criticism.

p.s. don't give a toss either way personally, not my sport.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

bi22le

posted on 19/6/10 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
puzzled, your obviously not english as you speak from the third person.
Im the same, i love rugby (and i know alot of otiers are on here are aswell)! We know we cant play football. We have not for a while. We should support them, they know they have not performed.
I bet all the papers have not one good word to say!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

norfolkluego

posted on 19/6/10 at 01:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled
Just because things did"nt go right on the night, is no reason to loose faith in your team. I seem to remember they topped their group in the qualifieng stages , with some great performances. Rooney is one of the best players in the world,its obvious to anyone who knows anything about football that he is carrying an injury. Nobody tries harder than he does.The opposition should be given recognition for not allowing England to play up to their potential.
"England expects" and all that rubbish, is for the birds. There are other teams out there that will try to win , but when they dont perform, you dont hear THEIR fans booing THEM. As for their wages?? Good luck to them,just ask the players of the 50s and early 60s about MAXIMUM wages of those days.Its a funny thing, if those lads turn things around,do well and win the bloody thing, will you all turn up at the airport and BOO them then???Seems to me you are all FAIR WEATHER SUPPORTERS!!!!!.

Couldn't disagree more.
All those fans who've paid their hard earned to get out to SA and booed them off the pitch will be there next Wednesday cheering them on as will I, doesn't make it wrong to boo them tonight, the last two performances have been shocking, one is bad, two on the trot is worth a good rollicking. None of which excuses Rooney tonight, part and parcel of the game, play bad you get booed in any sport, it's the fans right, they've paid for the priviledge to do that. He should remember the fans put him up there, they can bring him down just as quickly, unforgivable in my opinion no matter how good he is. He's happy enough to take the plaudits when it's going right, he should be man enough to take the hammering when it's going wrong, he's obviously not a big enough man to do that.

Richard Quinn

posted on 19/6/10 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled
As for their wages?? Good luck to them,just ask the players of the 50s and early 60s about MAXIMUM wages of those days.

Dunno about the MAXIMUM wages of the 50's and 60's but I used to work with a company who employed an ex - 70's Spurs and England player. Apparently he used to earn about the same back then as a GP. He considered this to be a good wage for what he did!

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2753
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 19/6/10 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
I didn't know one of the 'Wags' nickname was 'Puzzled' .
Learn something new everyday.

peteday_uk@btinternet.com

posted on 19/6/10 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe Gerrard is crapping himself after gettting a 15yr old girl pregnant. Apparantly a press embargo has been placed by the high court to stop the story getting out during the world cup. Someone at our dealership, their husband works in media and that's the story......guess we'll have to wait and see.
But I agree what a shower of sh**!!!!!

iank

posted on 19/6/10 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peteday_uk@btinternet.com
Maybe Gerrard is crapping himself after gettting a 15yr old girl pregnant. Apparantly a press embargo has been placed by the high court to stop the story getting out during the world cup. Someone at our dealership, their husband works in media and that's the story......guess we'll have to wait and see.
But I agree what a shower of sh**!!!!!

Quick google shows that rumour flying around - though it's a 16yr old on the interweb.
Trouble with super injunctions is that any rumours get treated more seriously, who knows if it's got any basis in fact.

http://www.football.co.uk/blogs/5010/727037.shtml
http://postmatchpint.blogspot.com/2010/04/steven-gerrard-rumours.html

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Daddylonglegs

posted on 19/6/10 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Wasn't going to reply as it's not my sport either but....

From what I know about the game and watching other top teams, our 'team' didn't seem to have much spark. Watching the other side, everytime they had the ball and lost it, they went back to try and regain it, england just seemed to accept the fact they'd lost the ball and assume it was someone else's problem to get it back. There just isn't any passion by them at all, it's almost as if they know they're bad and are just going through the motions most of the time.

Admitted, there were moments of almost professionalism but it didn't last long.

As for all the fans, think of the poor guys who spent upwards of £5000 to go over there and see the games, they have every right to boo in my book. As already said, they will be there at the next match supporting, and I hope we do better, but if I'm honest I am not holding my breath.

Rant over

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

morcus

posted on 19/6/10 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
If there is a press embargo you want to watch out about spreading rumor, you could end up in court for libel and slander.

Alot of swearing from England players and dugout.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

scootz

posted on 19/6/10 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
I have to laugh at all the reports of how bad England were and also at David James' interview where he damned Algeria for playing 'negative' football in the hope for a draw!

I'm a lifelong footie addict and am capable of neutrality (honestly!) - so, in the words of the Dragons of the Den... let me tell you where I'm at:

Algeria played very well, with a lot of energy and a great amount of desire. Simple as that! They were better in almost every department for 80% of the game. The did not deserve to lose the match and can feel unlucky about only getting a draw given their excellent performance

If I was English, then naturally I would be disappointed with only having 2 points to show for the first 2 games, but I would also be relived that the game against Algeria wasn't lost! I would also know that despite what the Sky pundits and the slavering press-men say, the individuals who make up the England squad are no-where near as gifted as they are made out to be.

There are no 'easy' games in the World Cup and Algeria were never going to be cannon-fodder - to assume either is to display staggering arrogance and/or ignorance. Once you accept those things then you will be grateful that your group is still wide-open and there's everything left to play for (assuming the media / 'fan' backlash hasn't destroyed the players confidence or willingness to work).

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.