Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can you run a Map psark map on alphaN
omega 24 v6

posted on 27/6/10 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Can you run a Map psark map on alphaN

As the title really.
I am running MS1 extra code and alpha N but feel my spark map is crap to say the least. I have asked a couple of members on here ( can't remeber who) for a look at theirs ( vauxhall xe with gsxr bodies and wasted spark0 but I have lost the U2U's after having a clean out.
So i have found a few maps where the spark map is rpm versus M.A.P and wondered if it would be worth trying them out (If it is even possible)

A quick answer would be good as it is a cracking day up here for a blat.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Doofus

posted on 27/6/10 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
I think it was CairB who modified the code to allow MAP load for the spark and TPS as the fuel load.
So yes it is possible but a RR session will give you the best map.
But then there's the cost involved.

Paul.

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 27/6/10 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
and spending money is against Mr Millars religion which is the church of "tight arse"
flak monkey

posted on 27/6/10 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
With MS2 you can run MAP for load for spark and TPS for load for fuel.

I cannot remember if you can do it with MS1 though.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Doofus

posted on 27/6/10 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Not as standard on MSI but you can with CairB's mod.
MSII is more money again

paulf

posted on 27/6/10 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
When I changed from MAP set up to Alpha n I used the existing map and changed the load settings to correspond with my TPS range.
This gave a starting point to enable me to data-log it and see where i was running on the MAP.Full and minimum load sites stay the same and the in between rows can be adjusted to suit.
Paul

MikeRJ

posted on 28/6/10 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulf
When I changed from MAP set up to Alpha n I used the existing map and changed the load settings to correspond with my TPS range.

I'm not sure how you could do this, since MAP and TPS are not interchangeable. A map using TPS as the load parameter has a very different overall shape to one using manifold vacuum.

omega 24 v6

posted on 28/6/10 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm not sure how you could do this, since MAP and TPS are not interchangeable. A map using TPS as the load parameter has a very different overall shape to one using manifold vacuum.

I had read it this way

looking at a datalog you could see what a steady Map signal was at a certain tps point then set that tps point into the map vsus rpm tabel at said point.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

paulf

posted on 28/6/10 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thats basically what i did ,I knew the full load and idle points as they are the same for map or TPS.The in between points can then be guessed at and adjusted with the help of data-logs or you could just start with a 2d map and work from that.
This would not work for fueling however as the map is totally different for that as its governed by the volumetric efficiency of the engine and is very different when measured by load or throttle position.
However fueling is easy to get somewhere near right on the road using a wide band, but to get timing spot on ideally needs a rolling road as it is not possible to tell the difference in small amounts of power variation or spread of power by feel alone although I just tweaked mine until i got it to drive smoothly with good power delivery.
Paul
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
quote:

I had read it this way

looking at a datalog you could see what a steady Map signal was at a certain tps point then set that tps point into the map vsus rpm tabel at said point.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.