Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MORTIFIED !!!!
Blade

posted on 24/8/02 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
MORTIFIED !!!!

Imagine how a little kid must feel if he was getting all excited about Christmas day then he looks under the tree to see no presents. Times this sadness by 100 and you may come somewhere close to how we're feeling right now.

We've just waited 7 weeks and made a 3 hour journey to pick it up only to find they built the wrong engine fitment chassis.

BOLLOCKS.

They made a chassis for a pinto lump instead of a Fireblade that we ordered.

So we're now driving home with an empty trailer, a few metal bits and pieces and a load of fiberglass that we can just sit and look at until he delivers the right chassis

I should point out that they were very appologetic and said they would drop everything to get the right chassis delivered this week.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phil m

posted on 3/9/02 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
recently ordered an 8 piece set of grp from MK . drove from south wales on a sat am to collect. On arrival they had a 6 piece set for me ! ooops ! apologoetic beyond belief and sent out the bonnet and rear section -this arrived damaged -badly-- and they didn't want to know !

However , when I was there they were so helpful and friendly that I've found it hard to get really hacked off with them. It was worth the visit to get the info and help so freely available .

As a small quality business with high demand you can see why the odd cock up happens.

Why am I not having a go ? after all it cost me dosh in a locost build ?

ultimately , the trip gave me so mch value that the negative side pales into insignificance--or maybe I'm just a stupid £"$^%^%--after all compared to my own cock ups it seems pretty small fry !

Phil ---looks like an ALI panel after all

Blade

posted on 4/9/02 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Like you, I found it hard to kick up a fuss when they are always so helpful and friendly. If it was one of the larger manufacturers then I would've let rip.

I got my chassis delivered five days later as they promised by the way.

Hummmm.... now where do I start?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
john_s

posted on 4/9/02 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hummmm.... now where do I start?

If in doubt, make a brew...

i've been drinking more tea than making car recently!

John

donut

posted on 11/9/02 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
From your comments on where to start it worries me that the build manual either does not exsist or it's poop!

Is there one and is it any good?

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

bob

posted on 11/9/02 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Andy
I've no build manual but find i get away with ron champions book as a guide for my build.
Any problems i've encountered are usually sorted out on this web site,sometimes answers are found same day or just search the posts.
Have a look on the links section,there is a very good and informative build of an indy there.

donut

posted on 11/9/02 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Bob.......now wheres Pilchard the cat?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Blade

posted on 11/9/02 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
The build manual is a bit vague and it does not give any real order what to do first but I was only joking really when I asked where I start. There is so much to do its just a matter of deciding what.

I think we're gonna do the panneling first then maybe some plumbing.

donut

posted on 11/9/02 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Plumbing eh! Toilet and shower unit?

:O)

Andy

Andy

loggyboy

posted on 20/4/12 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
MK are a great company with a superb product that just need to improve on their communications.

Ive done some work on supplychain communications in the past and know the main reason for small companies getting orders wrong is down to lack of focus. When someone has to break off from their proper job to answer the phone his main objective is to get them off the phone as soon as he can so he can get back to real work. A note is scribled down and theres usually no clear path of who will deal with it or when.

The person who takes the call could be an excellent engineer, really competeant and efficient at what he does- but when he scribbles down the wrong parts in a hurry he is at that moment no use to the customer or his employer. Employing trained sales staff or receptionists to take calls isn't feasibe for most small businesses so this is where they need to look more towards selling from their website.

This has to be the oldest thread resurection ive EVER seen!!

scootz

posted on 20/4/12 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Methuselah himself couldn't have found an older thread to resurrect!

It's Evolution Baby!

scudderfish

posted on 20/4/12 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Methuselah himself couldn't have found an older thread to resurrect!

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=3

1 & 2 have already been ressurected

Twin40

posted on 20/4/12 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Yep in a similar situation, waiting for my rear calipers/pads to arrive - been over 2 months now! To be fair they've helped on other issues. With regards to a build manual - ignore it! Totally useless. Better to reseach each section on here!

Good luck with your build.

RSr

posted on 20/4/12 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Two months is not so much, this Sunday it's two years since I ordered my kit from MK and I still have not received all the parts ..
big_l

posted on 20/4/12 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell 2 years and still not all the parts I would be sat out side there bloody workshop until they got it sorted !!!

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

RSr

posted on 20/4/12 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
The problem is that I live 2842km away .. (in Sweden). Always the same answer: The stuff is sent and on the way. Has spoken with Danny several times this week, he says he will contact the shipping company and fix so that my parts will arrive. But it's about the same answer that I got the last year!

Maybe I need to create my own thread on the forum to get their attention .. //Rickard

[Edited on 20/4/12 by RSr]

big_l

posted on 20/4/12 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Customer service should be the same no matter your location !!

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

asn163

posted on 20/4/12 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Although I personally had no problems with MK, I actually got more of my sundry parts etc. from MAC#1. I found Mark and Colin much easier and more friendly to deal with.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.