Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy2000 Tours Europe
chris mason

posted on 11/7/10 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Indy2000 Tours Europe

Just had an email from the current owner of the car i built back in 2005.

The Mk Indy powered by an S2000 engine.

It's covered around 20000 miles since it was built and 10000 of those have been done in the last year by it's current owner Alan.

I've just received an email from Alan telling me about a recent 3000km trip he's just completed in 7 days through torrential rain and all kinds of poor weather.

The car was faultless and from reading the email I'm sure Alan wouldn't mind me sharing this with you.

I'm sure all those who've built and sold a car will appreciate the feeling you have when you see or hear the stories of your car and it's new owners, It's emails like this that reassure you that all those hours, blood, sweat and Tears were worth it

Here's a few pictures of the trip.

Image deleted by owner
Image deleted by owner
Image deleted by owner
[img][/img]

sdh2903

posted on 11/7/10 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
That car is stunning

roads not bad either

eccsmk

posted on 11/7/10 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
fantastic looking roads
i love the look of that car !!!
just one question
do you like black and white cars

joking aside it must be nice the new owner keeps in touch and proves you must have done a good job building the car

beaver34

posted on 11/7/10 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
awesome, wish i had the balls to do something like that!

looks cold though

HappyFather

posted on 11/7/10 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Nice looking car. Nice looking photos.

I would bet the road on the 3rd pic is the Romanian "transfagarasan", where Top Gear ended up their Romanian Special (1st Episode of Series 14).

[Edited on 11/7/10 by HappyFather]

franky

posted on 12/7/10 at 05:37 AM Reply With Quote
Nice colour combo, making me think about going for a black scuttle!
nick205

posted on 12/7/10 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Ace photos and that looks like a trip of major commitment (however reliable the car is).

Car still looks great Chris and like you say very pleasing to see your previous work being used and enjoyed and by the looks of things well cared for.

I get regular emails from the new owner of my Indy showing me what he's been up to with it and what mods/changes he's made. The best one was when he passed on a compliment to the builder from his MoT tester

I then had one about a month ago advising that he'd been hit on a round about by someone who didn't see him

Only a rear wing to replace, but gutting all the same.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 12/7/10 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
A real hard core owner there, those roads look superb, the car still looks great.
jimgiblett

posted on 12/7/10 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
The last pic I am 99% sure is the road up towards the Grimselpass in the Swiss Alps. On the 20th June this year our group of 7 kitcars 2 road cars and 2 m'bikes drove straight into a blizzard as we neared the summit. At one point I couldnt see my steering wheel let alone the road (interesting with 1000ft drop to the side)

As the snow fell harder very quickly the road became impassable in anything other than 4x4s and Tractors.

The last picture is taken just by the turning to the Grimsel Hospiz and up on the left is a snow shelter which is where they store the snow ploughs. We managed to get all our cars in here (out of the blizzard) whilst 5 of us went back up the road to help the bikers walk thier m'bikes down the hill.

All part of the adventure

- Jim

speedyxjs

posted on 26/7/10 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimgiblett
The last pic I am 99% sure is the road up towards the Grimselpass in the Swiss Alps.

Mee too. Went there last year in the tin top! Some fantastic roads round the alps!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.