Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: gsxr injectors required fuel settings
dlatch

posted on 12/7/10 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
gsxr injectors required fuel settings

what settings have fellow gsxr TB users come up with for the higher flow 270cc version?

using the data of 2000 cc engine 4cyc and the 270c i get this

Description
Description

does this sound look about right ? trying to get the basics ready before the wideband arrives and i can start tuning
Also what fuel pressure should i run? i have it set to 3 bar atm which is the usual i think.
cheers
duncan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 12/7/10 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
3 bar and 12 is about right

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

omega 24 v6

posted on 12/7/10 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Close enough to start with
mines came out at 14
and is now rescaled to 11.something IIRC

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

DaveFJ

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
I'm running 13.0

only other difference I have is Battery voltage correction is set at .20 but i dont know if that is right....

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

fatbaldbloke

posted on 13/7/10 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Well, I'm going out on a limb...I reckon it's too large and you'll get low resolution in your VE table. I'd be looking at something much nearer 7.
omega 24 v6

posted on 13/7/10 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Fatbald bloke does have a point IMHO

There is a part of the manual that states that your ve at idle should be around the 30ish point. the only way to do this is to lower your reqd fuel in my experience.
My idle ve is currently 19 ( from memory)
but the car seems to be running OK just now so I'll work on other parts of the map first.

ETA you can have table values above 150 but I think you draw the line around 230
( again from memory)
as the pulse width and duty cyle are maxing out at this point.

[Edited on 13/7/10 by omega 24 v6]

dlatch

posted on 13/7/10 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the replies so far guys

FB

i am starting with your map which actually runs pretty good on mine as it stands, once i sorted the tps scale, the only difference we have regarding spec is the injectors flow so what happens on mine is what i suspect to be rich running when running your map due i expect to the lower flow rate of your injectors.
here is your Reg fuel un modded

Description
Description

my LC-1 arrived today so once i have sorted another leak on the sump and get the wideband fitted i will have a better idea of whats really happening.
Is the calc for required fuel in TS not optimal for throttle body setup?
do you think i should alter the reg fuel first then fine tune the VE table from there? i want to use this as a learning process as it really interests me but i can play with building maps from scratch later once i have more experience.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fatbaldbloke

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, forgot you had my map.... So, in answer to your question, knowing that map has been developed with a lot of time on a rolling road and runs perfectly, I'd be tempted to get an idle at around 1050-1100 rpm solely by using the req fuel value and not mess with shape of the the VE table. (PS, don't worry about the AFR at idle, just adjust the req fuel so it idles smoothly.)

Now, following on from that I have a theory that for some reason the req fuel calculator gives double the correct value for this particular set up, so going out even further on a limb, I reckon if you went for 6.2 (i.e. half the calculated 12.4) it would take into account the higher fuel rates of your injectors.

[Edited on 13/7/10 by fatbaldbloke]

dlatch

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
FB
hmm thats kinda of what i was thinking will give that a try first off see what happens.

is there any info on how the required fuel calc works? would be interesting to know i have been googling with no luck on the subject

fatbaldbloke

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
I've actually no idea how it works, but I've worked with several MS set-ups where halving the calculated value has put things on the right route. It may be something as simple as the algorithm failing to take into account the squirts per cycle or the alternating staging.
dlatch

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
just found the info is actually in the mega manual

Req_Fuel is calculated from the equation:

REQ_FUEL*10 = 36,000,000 * CID * AIRDEN(100kPA, 70ºF)/(NCYL*AFR*INJFLOW ) * 1/DIVIDE_PULSE

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mfuel.htm

[Edited on 13/7/10 by dlatch]

dlatch

posted on 15/7/10 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
innovate LC-1 fitted (very easy job)

need to calibrate and test tomorrow evening it was getting to late to be reving engines ect

was looking through settings with laptop connected to the LC-1 and on the advanced tab where you can alter updating speed, what is everyone using?

also on this screen.

do i need to uncheck this otherwise my MS will think its talking to a narrow band sensor? if so what do i set the volts to?

cheers
duncan

[Edited on 15/7/10 by dlatch]

dlatch

posted on 16/7/10 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
played a bit more tonight and have the LC-1 running correctly, had a slight stall with megatune due to the project properties being for narrow band but once that was sorted it worked great.

and my suspected over fueling on FB's map is actually under fueling lol this is why i bought the wideband so i have upped the required fuel to 9.0 which is giving me a afr of 12 at a nice steady idle of 1000 rpm can get the afr to about 14.7 but it runs lumpy and it feels much happier with the richer idle this feels right and i think others using itb are around the same ?

further playing tomorrow can't wait

fatbaldbloke

posted on 16/7/10 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Good news, well done. Yep, idle at around 12 is quite normal.
omega 24 v6

posted on 16/7/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

and my suspected over fueling on FB's map is actually under fueling lol this is why i bought the wideband so i have upped the required fuel to 9.0 which is giving me a afr of 12 at a nice steady idle of 1000 rpm can get the afr to about 14.7 but it runs lumpy and it feels much happier with the richer idle this feels right and i think others using itb are around the same ?

Very much so.
I now have my idle at 13.2 as you say any higher and it runs rough and when the engine bay is hot and in traffic it leans out big time and stalls.

dlatch

posted on 16/7/10 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
yeah i could lean it out to run at 13+
but i think as you mentioned under bonnet temps will affect it so i will leave it on the rich side it was actually 12.5 to be precise.

will do some data logs tomorrow and a gentle run see what it does, it seems to rev up ok with little hesitation.

fatbaldbloke

posted on 17/7/10 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Keep an eye on the AE light if you can see the ECU, or failing that check it in the datalog. If you have any signal spikes, especially if you're using a MAP signal to activate the AE, it's quite common for the signal oscillations to continually activate the AE, which will give you a very rich mixture. Best bet is to set the AE trigger as high as it will go so it's right out of the equation, get the steady state running right, and then bring a little AE in. With itb's you should need very little AE anyway as there isn't much manifold surface layer to worry about.

My map is set up to use MAP as the AE trigger, but that's because I have a low noise to signal ratio at the levels I'm looking to trigger the AE, however I'd suggest for setting up that switching to TPS trigger would be much less problematical. You can play with MAP triggers later if you have an afternoon to waste!

[Edited on 17/7/10 by fatbaldbloke]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.