Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Need Help... Germany
Blue Devil

posted on 2/9/10 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Need Help... Germany

I know this is not related to the UK, but you guys might have far better knowledge then i have (living in USA) with getting a vehicle street legal in Germany.

I just recently got my car running/driving and will have it street legal in the USA shortly. Anyways im finalizing a job position within my company where i will be transfered to Germany for 2 years (starting Jan-Feb 2011). Ive only driven the car roughly 60km so it would break my heart to leave it in a garage to rot for the next two years as selling it is NOT and option of mine.

Can anyone provide some insite on this or direct me to a better place for knowledge?

FYI my car is a mid engine BEC build, not a Locost.

[Edited on 9/2/2010 by Blue Devil]

Mid Engine R1 build
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4970&start=0

nick205

posted on 2/9/10 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
If it's road legal/registered in the US I'd have thought it's a simple vehicle import into the EU/Germany.

Might be worth looking up the ADAC website (German motoring organisation equivalent to AA/RAC in the UK). There may be some information available there.

ruudbeckers

posted on 2/9/10 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
You could ask this question on a german kitcar forum, for example http://www.seven-ig.de/
Dann kannst du auch schon dein Deutsch üben. ;-)

belgian2b

posted on 2/9/10 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

as far as i know, i won't be possible because your engine will not meet the Euro 4 or 5 emissions limits.

Gerardo

snippy

posted on 2/9/10 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
My mate has just sold his Westfield V8 to a guy from Spain. The Spanish chap has to have the car registered in his name in this country for 6 months before he can import it back to Spain so it`s going in storage for 6 months. Not sure if you will have a similar problem from the USA?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.