Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fireworks 2010
55ant

posted on 6/9/10 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Fireworks 2010

Hi all, looking back at last years posts its fairly apparent that we all seem to enjoy fireworks,

As was the case last year its SWMBO birthday and were doing a haloween/fireworks party thingy, so im planning ahead.

Im going to give these electronic ignitor jobbies ago unless i get bad reviews, last year we had loads of fireworks and it took aaaaaages to light them all, so im hoping to launch a bunch (maybe 20-30) in a couple of minutes so its a nice little display but doesnt take ages.

can anyone recomend an electronic ignitor set, seem to be about £20-£30 mark. cant import old style fuse

cheers for any tips!

Ant.

[Edited on 6/9/10 by 55ant]

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

David Jenkins

posted on 6/9/10 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
I went to a 4th July celebration at my local pub this year (one of the regulars is american). She'd bought just 4 fireworks - each was a 'block' where you light one fuse and stand back to watch the show.

I must say that they were fabulous - the whole sky above us was full of all sorts of air-bursts and mortars with scarcely a break between each one. Absolutely great, and not too stupid a price either (I think she paid less than £100 for all four).

You do need a bit of space though - might be too much for a small back garden!

[Edited on 6/9/10 by David Jenkins]

02GF74

posted on 6/9/10 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
locost igniter = 2 wires, 1 cm cube of wire wool (brillo pad) and 9 v pp3 battery.

if you want sophistocation and have it computer controlled, build demultiplexer for a paraller printer cable.

adithorp

posted on 6/9/10 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
can't be doing with them personally. Well the DIY ones anyway. The big displays are OK but I grew out of the facination for backgarden fireworks a long time ago.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.