Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: any digger operators on here?
blakep82

posted on 7/9/10 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
any digger operators on here?

used a small one a few years back, found it quite easy to use given my 2 days of experience, and got quite a lot done with it. got on quite well with all the levers and thinking about 3 things at once to make the arm do a simple movement

also need a new job... one i actually enjoy this time had enough of rubbish jobs for rubbish money.

whats involved in getting all my tickets to drive excavators? costs, liklihood of getting work after, salary etc?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Jasongray5

posted on 7/9/10 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
I live on a farm in Devon, Round here we have never bothered getting tickets or anything like that as we only work on our own land. I think to do a tele-handler course was around £340 for a friend of mine who used it on a building site.
Another possible way of doing it would be to go into the Army as a Plant Operator Mechanic (POM) as I think you will gain knowlege on how to fix the things and build mainly roads I would think?
Hope this was a little helpfull

Jas

How hard can it be?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33261515@N03/sets/72157611049241239/

Liam

posted on 7/9/10 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
When I worked in construction, the paddy digger driver (also called Liam) always told me he could get me any certificate I liked for £50.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
expatkiwi

posted on 7/9/10 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Me.
20 years worth. I have tickets and lucky enough they were paid for by employers. I work a 50-60hr week for less than 27k
But I do like getting covered in dust,mud,oil and grease.
I work in demolition and you must have your wits about you at all times.
If you go to a quarry or waste transfer station you may get a job on the machines and then they may put you through your H&S ticket and start you on the way for your machine tickets.
On a side I am thinking about jacking it all in as I think there must be more to life than pulling levers
Cheers and good luck
Brian

[Edited on 7/9/10 by expatkiwi]

I have decided to call my Westfeild "The Caterhammer" Hopefully it will

blakep82

posted on 7/9/10 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
awesome thank you everyone
and thank you brian
don't know what quarrys are around here, but was thinking more like demolition, or roads and construction.
i know what you mean, it could get a bit boring after a few years, but i'm sure theres more to life than sitting in another crap call centre job, getting abuse from people for something thats not my fault, for less than £12k i'm getting too old for it now.
i'm diabetic (seems to have held me back from most things i wanted to do...) will that be a problem do you think? i've emailed a few training places for info today. nothing back yet

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

expatkiwi

posted on 7/9/10 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Diabeties should not be a problem as I know a couple of our blokes have it.

This is who I work for
http://www.rcollard.com/home.shtml
and yes this is why I go to work so he can do this.lol
http://www.collardracing.co.uk/

I have decided to call my Westfeild "The Caterhammer" Hopefully it will

BigFaceDave

posted on 7/9/10 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
I have my ticket for forklift and genie lifts etc and tele handler. I have no idea how much it cost as my boss paid for it all but I cant imagine it would have been that much as if it did he wouldnt have bothered, Its not a mickey mouse one you can only use on our proerty either its valid anywhere, I dont know if the same guy does diggers wither but he seemed quite good and must have been reasonable! Not alot of use to you up there though!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.