Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Smiles Per Mile ;)
D Beddows

posted on 25/9/10 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Smiles Per Mile ;)

As some of you know I've effectively swapped most of my kit car bits for an MK1 MX5..... why I didn't do it earlier I have NO idea! , I now have a car I can actually drive (rather than something that would have cost me 7K at least and about 2 years of my life!), I could never have built a car to the same spec as Mazda did and do you know what...... 115bhp is actually enough for lots of fun in the real world! My daily driver Saab is actually much quicker and isn't far behind in terms of handling BUT The MX5 is just WAAAY more fun in an old school stylee I'm a happy man!

clairetoo

posted on 25/9/10 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Just let me know when your ready for more power...........I'm just starting to make all the parts for another KL V6 conversion for an Mx5

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

big_wasa

posted on 25/9/10 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
What can be done tunning wise ?
zilspeed

posted on 25/9/10 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
As some of you know I've effectively swapped most of my kit car bits for an MK1 MX5..... why I didn't do it earlier I have NO idea! , I now have a car I can actually drive (rather than something that would have cost me 7K at least and about 2 years of my life!), I could never have built a car to the same spec as Mazda did and do you know what...... 115bhp is actually enough for lots of fun in the real world! My daily driver Saab is actually much quicker and isn't far behind in terms of handling BUT The MX5 is just WAAAY more fun in an old school stylee I'm a happy man!

I would have one in a moment.
Ideally in Lotus gold leaf colours to upset the purists.

D Beddows

posted on 25/9/10 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
tuning? well the ma5da race cars get apparently 135-140 bhp from 'fairly' standard engines and personally I think that will be quite enough for my level of driving talent! (and it came with a spare engine so I will be fiddling...) 200+ is easy with a turbo kit but nahhh, not interested.

lsdweb

posted on 25/9/10 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
I've been sprinting and hillclimbing an MX5 all season and whilst it's not powerful (stock!) it's been a giggle. It's also won a couple of trophies for class results and won the class in the Welsh Championship and my club championship outright.

Cracking car :-)

Wyn

Flamez

posted on 26/9/10 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
I've been sprinting and hillclimbing an MX5 all season and whilst it's not powerful (stock!) it's been a giggle. It's also won a couple of trophies for class results and won the class in the Welsh Championship and my club championship outright.

Cracking car :-)

It could be the driver though
Wyn

my build mac1motorsports

lsdweb

posted on 26/9/10 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

It could be the driver though

Nope - no chance of that :-)

I'll pop and see you in the week if you're home.

Wyn

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.