Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: brake bleeding problem
needforspeed

posted on 26/9/10 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
brake bleeding problem

right, just fitted a bias pedal box and the rear brakes wont bleed up or should i say the pedal will pump up but then loses it streight away but theres no air in the lines. ive linked out the old tilton bias to rear brakes swapped the master thinking it was letting air in. ive left the wilwood pressure reducers in place should i remove them now im running seperate master cylinders?didnt think they would cause any harm. the only pther thing i was thinking was wind the rear calipers back and pump them out again (theyre only a month old and were fine) any help appreaiated im pulling my hair out!
austin man

posted on 26/9/10 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
check the seal in the rear callipers arent leaking we have had problems with 2 reconditioned ones. Where is the blees nipple locoted in relation to calliper top bottom centre etc. On the indy the calliper had to be tilted to allow the last bit of air out of the calliper. This was due the the location of the bleed nipple it allowed an air pocket to remain in the calliper.

Hope that makes sense

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

needforspeed

posted on 26/9/10 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
checked calipers and theyre not leaking, and i pressure bled it so would of thought it would force the air out anyway even tho the nipples are angleing downwards? i will try it. the wilwood things are 2lb residual pressure valves should i keep these or get shut?
needforspeed

checked calipers and theyre not leaking, and i pressure bled it so would of thought it would force the air out anyway even tho the nipples are angleing downwards? i will try it. the wilwood things are 2lb residual pressure valves should i keep these or get shut?
needforspeed

needforspeed

madteg

posted on 26/9/10 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Are you using sierra rear calipers if so make sure the bleed nipple is at the top, i had to remove my callipers and move them up disc so nipple was at the top only got a bit of air out but it did the job.
needforspeed

posted on 26/9/10 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
il try that first thing then hopefully thatl do it didnt even think about it to be honest yes theyre sierra calipers :-)
chunky2772

posted on 26/9/10 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
make sure your callipers or fitted the right side!if you have the right one on the left and left one on the right the callipers will be upside down the nipples normaly point up not down so air carnt be traped. (this may sound silly but you wouldent believe how many people fit the callipers the wrong way round!)

[Edited on 26/9/10 by chunky2772]

needforspeed

posted on 26/9/10 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
the nipples have got to be faceing downwards because of the way the handbrake goes
austin man

posted on 26/9/10 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
would put money on air in the calliper put nipple to top and rebleed

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

chunky2772

posted on 26/9/10 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
take the calliper of then hold the calliper with the nipple pointing up makeing sure your calliper pads are still over the discs get a mate to press brake while you loosen the nipple to bleed (you must still have air in that calliper if you arnt showing any leaks!) do the same both sides
RazMan

posted on 26/9/10 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
would put money on air in the calliper put nipple to top and rebleed

Ditto - When you say 'pressure bleed' do you mean with an pressure fed bleeder like the Easibleed? I have found that these do not bleed all air from the m/c and there is no substitute for the wife's right foot

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
needforspeed

posted on 26/9/10 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
yeah used an easy bleed style system last time, one you can adjust the pressure good for when your on your own. but to be fair i tried bleeding it the conventional way yesterday with a lad at work lol! getting so stressed with it makes complete sense now about the nipple needing to be up :-) thanks! will keep you posted

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.