Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1300 crossflow race prep
yozza

posted on 27/9/10 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
1300 crossflow race prep

Hi all
New to this site, went to Snetterton and spoke to some locost guys, smitten by the racing, bought this chassis and engine on e-bay. Any advise on how to go about race preparing the engine, either partly by myself or totally by engine builders would be very welcome. Excellent site, thanks to Dave and Matt at Snetterton. Joe

[Edited on 27/9/10 by yozza]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280565267110&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

[Edited on 27/9/10 by yozza]

BillHoll

posted on 27/9/10 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Try this Burton Power link; http://www.burtonpower.com/technical_1/kent_crossflow.aspx

Also if you decide to do this work yourself then I have an excellent book on rebuilding the crossflow engine.

yozza

posted on 27/9/10 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks BillHoll
I would love to read the book, let me know how much etc and i will sort out as soon as i get home next week. Joe

ShaunB

posted on 28/9/10 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
If you haven't already done so, grab the Locost regulations from the750MC Website as there are limitations on what can be done to the engine and what parts can be used. For example the rotating components can (and should) be balanced but only to the same as the lightest in the set. The cam is a mandated one and must come from Kent with the proper markings, etc. I started racing this year and everyone I've spoken to is using a +60 or +90 overbore and again the allowed piston models are in the regs. I thoroughly recommend getting along to more meetings and chatting to more drivers, everyone will happily chat about their cars and offer advice.

It's fantastic racing and no matter whether you're an expert who's been in it for several seasons or just starting there is always someone to have an on-track tussle with.

Shaun (Locost #32)

BillHoll

posted on 29/9/10 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Book

You have a U2U regarding the book.
yozza

posted on 1/10/10 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
1300 crossflow race prep

Thanks Shaun
really appreciate the advise. Wont be able to get to Oulton this weekend but will have a look for any winter races. I will probably use Burton to do all the machining etc and just build/ balance the engine myself. Looking forward to trying a couple of track days prior to racing proper.
Joe

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.