Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More broadband.........
big_wasa

posted on 14/10/10 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
More broadband.........

I was with Tiscali for years and happy with cost and connection.

My connection has got slower and slower since being taken over by talk talk.

Ive tried ringing them and what a joke. I am paying for an 8mb unlimited connection and getting a Mb if I am lucky.(250 yards as the crow fly's from the exchange) They promissed better speeds if I paid for the extra phone package. I told them to go walk.

The problem I have is they insist they have non of my details being a tiscali customer and are not able to talk to me. Its Talk talk on my bank statment. They keep shifting me to what they say is there Tiscali branch and I get cut of

rant over but a couple of question's

Anyone got a Mac code from talk talk, any details of how long it took.

And any recomendations, From other posts on here I am looking at

http://www.plus.net

https://www.bethere.co.uk

Both are offering upto 14~16mb for a fare price.

Any advice would be great thanks......

MikeR

posted on 14/10/10 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
plus net has good reconmendations, so much so both my brother and now my parents use them without any problems or complaints.
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 14/10/10 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.cable.co.uk/regions/yorkshire-and-humberside/east-riding-of-yorkshire/holme-on-spalding-moor/

sdh2903

posted on 14/10/10 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Just one word of warning, when talktalk took over they sneakily transferred you off the bt line onto their own (there is a techie name for it). I had the phone/broadband bundle.

To go with many other broadband providers you first need to sort out getting a bt line sorted which takes ages.

Me personally I went onto O2 broadband and must say its been a revelation, fast reliable and its extremely easy to get up and running. Plus when you do need to talk to someone they are in the UK and also speak english, unlike a lot of the talk talk technical support team.

Steve

big_wasa

posted on 14/10/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
http://www.cable.co.uk/regions/yorkshire-and-humberside/east-riding-of-yorkshire/holme-on-spalding-moor/

Wrong spalding and there is no cable but thanks anyway .

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 14/10/10 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.satsig.net/uk-satellite-broadband.htm

Peteff

posted on 14/10/10 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
We were on F2S which was taken over by Tiscali and the service was going downhill. Some kids came to the door selling Talk Talk phone and broadband package and we looked online while they were in the house giving us the spiel and it looked good so we signed up. This was last September and we have had no problems since and get up to 20mbps, usually around 17mbps plus it works out £12 a month cheaper than what we were paying before for the same 20 gig per month plus phone. I download torrents at 1mbps+ and have no complaints.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

ReMan

posted on 14/10/10 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've just migrated to PLUS net after 12 years with Pipemedia, became Pipex, Became Tiscali.

In fairness to them, given that I was'nt wowed with the speed I was getting (3.5M) they also said at he outset, that that was the speed I was likely to get, so it may not be just down to your provider/location even if you live in the exchange.
Got a good bundle (£20) phone and BB, start on 10G and move up to 60G no problem if I need to.
It's early days yet, I may be eating my words, but so far so good

RazMan

posted on 14/10/10 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with TalkTalk and suffered for years with slow connection speeds. I phoned them several times to complain, only to be told that it was the BT equipment which was 'being upgraded soon'

I then discovered the secret - I went on TalkTalk's forum and complained again. This time I was told that my line had the 'wrong profile' and 2 days later I was buzzing along with 6Mb.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mds167

posted on 15/10/10 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
+1 for Plusnet though I'm a low user with an ancient machine so couldn't comment on speed or anything really.

I already had a BT phone line so £10 a month and no contract tie in was the pull. I did have to by my own router (£30+ delivery from Amazon) but it came highly recommended from my best mate whose business is sorting out IT for SMEs and indiviuals.

Got my Mum with them now - works for the silver surfer with no problems!

Alan M

posted on 15/10/10 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Since Talk Talk took over my Tiscali account the cost has gone up £2 per month and the direct debit now goes out 1 week earlier in the month; both underhand practice in my opinion. I'm moving away from them, may go with BT bundled package. (Phone ,TV and broadband)

[Edited on 15/10/10 by Alan M]

graememk

posted on 15/10/10 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
the post office have a UK call center, thats woth alot when you get a problem.

Gav

posted on 15/10/10 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
I've had a BE connection for the last 4 years or so and its been excellent, fast and only 1 notable problem in that preiod which was resolved quickly.
BE is also the same underlying network as 02.

Hellfire

posted on 15/10/10 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
I was with BT about 6 months ago - slow connection actual 1.8-2.0 Mb

I migrated to SKY - HD, includes evening weekday and weekend calls (not going to say FREE, cos it's not!) and Broadband.

Broadband gets one of the best Routers on the market - and I can hinestly say I have not had 1 problem with ANY of my package. I would recommend them to anyone.

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.