Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: iphone wanted
RazMan

posted on 19/10/10 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
iphone wanted

I've had a Google G1 for a couple of years and fancy going back to the iphone - probably a 3GS.

If anyone has one going cheap (any spec), or they fancy a part exchange I am all ears

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 20/10/10 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
wicked gadget in falkirk has refurbed ones

http://www.wickedgadget.com/

Ive been in to their offices and the phone are good

We should see if we can get some money off in a group buy

[Edited on 20-10-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

wilkingj

posted on 20/10/10 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
U2u sent
Probably of no help

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 21/10/10 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys - I am hoping for a 3GS and have sent U2Us in reply to a few offers.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

ChrisW

posted on 21/10/10 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Have u2u'd you too. I've got a mint 3GS 16GB in the original box with unused acessories.

Chris

RazMan

posted on 21/10/10 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Back atcha Chris

Cheers,
Raz

RazMan

posted on 22/10/10 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Okay, thanks for all the offers guys but I have decided to do a complete U-turn. After playing with a friend's iphone 3GS I realised just how good the Android operating system really is!

Don't get me wrong, the iphone is a really competent phone but the Android is much better suited to nerdy types (like me) and while the 3GS is a fairly good spec and fast to use (compared to my old 2G anyway) the later Android phones are head & shoulders above it IMO, having faster processors, more memory, very tweakable etc. Added to this, most iphones will need to be 'jailbroken' to get them to play nicely which just seems a real hassle for getting updates and installing some apps.

I'm now looking for a Nexus One - iphone 4 performance for a lot less cost The only downside is the relatively low number of Android apps available (only 10% of Apple's apparently!) but the number is growing all of the time.

Cheers,
Raz

thefreak

posted on 22/10/10 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
I'm looking for another 3GS if anyone's got one lying around
Jomibo

posted on 22/10/10 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Go for a Samsung Galaxy S. beats any iphone! Android market is huge.
and before all you iphone lovers start to argue, the galaxy has swype. nuff sed lol ;-)

ChrisW

posted on 23/10/10 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
You'll get fed up of Android very quickly. Yes, technically, it's a lot more capable, but do you really want all that complication in a mobile device? The beauty of the Apple is it's simplicity, and the fact that it does a few things well rather than everything badly.

As before, I have a 3GS for sale, mint, boxed, all unused accessories apart from the power cable (just the cable, not the plug). £275, no offers

Chris

Jomibo

posted on 24/10/10 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
You'll get fed up of Android very quickly. Yes, technically, it's a lot more capable, but do you really want all that complication in a mobile device? The beauty of the Apple is it's simplicity, and the fact that it does a few things well rather than everything badly.

Chris

Whats complicated about android?? the galaxy does everything well ;-)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.