Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mounting my all-in-one clocks on dash
RMarine

posted on 26/10/10 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
mounting my all-in-one clocks on dash

After fitting my dash i realised that i dont have enough room for my Koso RX2N above my steering wheel and below the top of the dash. i was thinking about mounting the dial on its factory mounts (as in this pic http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z401/RMarine001/?action=view&current=9.jpg)
but as you can see it would stick above the dash about 30mm. would it pass the IVA? and if not, i am open to ideas. there are more pictures of the dash on the same link as about, just click "next"
many thanks for your help....

austin man

posted on 26/10/10 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Personnally I would make a cut out in the dash and recess it

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

RMarine

posted on 26/10/10 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Where?
cosmick

posted on 26/10/10 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
You would think that mounting a speedo and rev counter viewed through the steering wheel was the best place, but having owned one that had just that, I have now repositioned it in the centre of the car. It is much more visible and will overcome your problem of where to mount it.
See my photo archive.

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

irvined

posted on 26/10/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
RE IVA, you need to watch out for 2 things:

1 Radiused edges if its outside the steering wheel/exclusion zone
2: visibility, I can't remember the angles off hand, but there is a line drawn from the drivers head at various angles, and you must be able to see unrestricted throughout that range, the steering wheel rim is exempt though.

Mine sticks out above the dash and it was fine, but its wasn't much above the rim of the wheel.

HTH

David

http://irvined.blogspot.com

brookie

posted on 27/10/10 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cosmick
You would think that mounting a speedo and rev counter viewed through the steering wheel was the best place, but having owned one that had just that, I have now repositioned it in the centre of the car. It is much more visible and will overcome your problem of where to mount it.
See my photo archive.

the only thing with that m8 is that your clock are a lot bigger than the koso i will keep my on with this one i think need to put my in soon cant u drop your wheel any more

RMarine

posted on 27/10/10 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
no it's dropped all the way already..
I was thinking again about it and if i put it above the steering wheel (as in the pic) and then put one the AeroScreens like the one on irvined's car it should sit nicely under that... what do you think and come to think about where can i get one?

interestedparty

posted on 27/10/10 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Get it within 5 inches of the outside of your (large) Sierra steering wheel, and it can't be tested!

If you can't manage that, then you will probably be best to recess it, but that can be difficult and tedious, especially with that particular shape, as far as I can see it in the picture.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.