Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I feel so much safer now that....
richard thomas

posted on 2/11/10 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
I feel so much safer now that....

..we have the French to back us up in times of conflict for the next 50 years!

Obama: Dave, we have an imminent crisis that threatens the very essence of our way of life in the Western World - can you give us a bit of a lift in the spirit of our Anglo/American 'special relationship'?

Dave: Can you give me a couple of minutes, there's somebody at the door....

...(phone call)....Nikolas, can we borrow our aircraft carrier back for a bit....and get a loan of some planes and stuff....and some troops...and guns....and rounds....I wouldn't ask only Bazza and his gang need a bit of help but we have scrapped and disbanded the bulk of of our assets in the recent massive spending cuts thinly disguised as a Defence and Security Review........and your track record of success in times of conflict is second to none....after all you did allow us to hone our combat skills a while back as we liberated you and the best part of Europe from German occupancy after you folded like a Kit-Kat wrapper.....and I know that we, you and the Yanks are fully aligned in our strategies regarding World security.....Waddya think?

Sarkozy: Non.

Dave: OK, sorry to trouble you...

Andybarbet

posted on 2/11/10 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Fabulous

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

tegwin

posted on 2/11/10 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
Worryingly its true though....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

loggyboy

posted on 2/11/10 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a fiar deal to me, we always end up bailing the French out anyway, at least this way they are paying towards the help we will end up giving them.
chrisxr2

posted on 2/11/10 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
rubbish

im glad that the garlick munching surrender monkeys are offering to help out, in fact no im not because they are garlic munching surrender monkies.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

richard thomas

posted on 2/11/10 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Voulez vous surrender avec moi, ce soir?
AdrianH

posted on 2/11/10 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Richard I think you should be a script writer!

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

jollygreengiant

posted on 2/11/10 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
If you look closely at Nelsons column tomorrow onwards you will notice that Nelson now has TWO eye patches and the fountains are now fully operated/supplied by a cost efficient water system, - Lord Horatio Nelson's tears.

All that effort he went to and the French still got their hands on OUR Navy.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

James

posted on 2/11/10 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
I actually really like France and I know loads of really great French people (For the odd 1 ina million who I've not mentioned it to... I do Savate- aka French kickboxing) and go to France loads.

But I still think this is a pretty bad idea.

Personally I think all defence cuts are a bad idea. In fact the only thing I *would* happily pay more tax for is a defence budget increase. (As long as it was matched by a massive overhaul of the disgusting ball of incompetence that is the MOD!).

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

morcus

posted on 2/11/10 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
I'd hate to be living in the Falklands right now.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

FFTS

posted on 3/11/10 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James

Personally I think all defence cuts are a bad idea. In fact the only thing I *would* happily pay more tax for is a defence budget increase. (As long as it was matched by a massive overhaul of the disgusting ball of incompetence that is the MOD!).

Cheers,
James

Yep!! forget, the health service, funding cancer research, crime and policing, helping or feeding the homeless, supplying good schools and education.........

As long as weve spent enough to enable us to go and invade other countrys who people don't want us there and get a load of our lads killed and maimed whilst killing their women and children (Collateral damage)

Then all is well with our economy and society. Well at least our arms industry get fatter and make a fortune to keep us safe hey

Let the guns begin haha

Chris.

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 3/11/10 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
In all fairness defence is very important. I say scrap trident and it's replacement, use the money to keep the harriers.
Nuclear weapons- if you're using them, it's too late anyways.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

blakep82

posted on 3/11/10 at 05:16 AM Reply With Quote
trident has always been a 'deterrent', stops the baddies thinking they can drop a nuclear bomb on us, because they know we'd fire one right back at them. if we don't have it, they'll be able to nuke us and we coudn't do anything about it. thats why its important

what will happen when we FINALLY declare wa on france again?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

gottabedone

posted on 3/11/10 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Ha................the Locosters are on form this week

It's amusing how terrorism is currently our biggest threat - we have to put up with their bombs and propaganda and hatred but how will this change when the threat of "we're coming to get you" is removed.......that's foreign and Irish.

scootz

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote

It's Evolution Baby!

BenB

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Perhaps I'm being naive but why should any country in the current climate be researching and testing new nuclear weapons? I think it's a bad idea for France and the UK to be sharing these responsibilities because it's pretty unnecessary.

The UK has 255 nuclear warheads, France has 300.

How many does a friggin country need? Especially we're mostly involved in atypical / asymmetrical combat nowadays.

I think it's time to start invading the French vineyards again and start the war on terroir

Macbeast

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe now we'll be able to stop France selling Exocet missiles to the Argies ?

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

chrisxr2

posted on 3/11/10 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcher
In all fairness defence is very important. I say scrap trident and it's replacement, use the money to keep the harriers.
Nuclear weapons- if you're using them, it's too late anyways.

the airframes on the harriers are very close to running out of hours, its been an open secret for years (Ex1sqn techie) so getting rid of them was the cheapest option.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

UncleFista

posted on 3/11/10 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
The UK has 255 nuclear warheads, France has 300.

How many does a friggin country need?

IMHO enough to turn the middle east/pakistan into a big glass car park.
Just in case

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

55ant

posted on 3/11/10 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
assuming we have to share our airplane boats with someone, who else is there?
MikeR

posted on 3/11/10 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
do you mean who else is there or who else would we trust?

Well i'd trust the falklands, gibralta, accenstion islands, isle of wight, errrm ..... anywhere already affiliated with us that is small enough for us to invade with our existing 'spare' forces.

(hence i've ruled out Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).

tegwin

posted on 3/11/10 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Dont forget that if we dont have nuclear weaponds we loose our right to Veto specific issues in NATO... That is NOT something we want to loose!

[Edited on 3/11/10 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

AndyGT

posted on 3/11/10 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
all this to save the vvankers!!!

sorry looks like that I double-hit the V key which coincidently is right next to the B!!!!!

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 4/11/10 at 03:17 AM Reply With Quote
The main reason we need a decent armed forces is because we have so much territory that other people want, France is in the same boat and isn't after any of ours so it makes sense, apart from the fact that we all know they're not likely to help out when Agentina or Spain or whoever decides to invade.

If we didn't have these we'd all be praising the nuclear deterent for being a cheap alternative to big armies.

I think we're better off being Friends with France than America at the moment, and remember they only help us when it suits them.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Ninehigh

posted on 4/11/10 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisxr2
im glad that the garlick munching surrender monkeys are offering to help out, in fact no im not because they are garlic munching surrender monkies.

Unfortunately recent events have shown the opposite. While our government keeps taking liberty after liberty they drew a line in the sand (so to speak) and kicked off over the retirement age going up 2 years. It happened here and the worst thing we did was blame global warming.. Right now, compared to us they're double hard b**tards that aren't taking any s*** of anyone, while we're the latte drinking surrender monkeys

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.