Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Reluctant Sale
FrankP

posted on 9/11/10 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Reluctant Sale

Huge bill for family car forces sale... Last time I buy a Ford TDCI.....

Aries (Stuart Taylor) Locost 2l Zetec Engine on eBay (end time 14-Nov-10 11:02:29 GMT)

Thanks

Frank

nick205

posted on 9/11/10 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Read you previous post - what a bummer

Certainly not advocating getting in debt, but on the basis you'll probably have to fund the repair before selling your kit car is it worth putting it on a 0% credit card and settling over a longer period? If you can't clear it in time you still have the option of selling the kit car at your leisure in the spring/summer and getting a better price for it.

jossey

posted on 9/11/10 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
sorry to hear about your sale.

good luck with it.

ill pass your ebay number around to the few who i know want a kit car...

good luck

dave

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 9/11/10 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
Also by putting the bill on to a credit card, will give you some fallback warranty on all these expensive bits

Also, what exactley has gone wrong on your TDCI ?? as i have one too. 2.0 TDCI 58 mondeo

Did you ever use vegatable oil or dodgy stuff, as that seems to be the bit that kills pumps and injectors

Regards

Steve

scootz

posted on 9/11/10 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
You've spelled Aries wrong in your ad Frank... I'm not being a pedant (this time) - it will limit the number of search hits you will get!

It's Evolution Baby!

StevieB

posted on 9/11/10 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Read you previous post - what a bummer

Certainly not advocating getting in debt, but on the basis you'll probably have to fund the repair before selling your kit car is it worth putting it on a 0% credit card and settling over a longer period? If you can't clear it in time you still have the option of selling the kit car at your leisure in the spring/summer and getting a better price for it.

I spent 4 years building a car and sold it within 3 months of finishing so I could clear my debts (a lot of 0% credit carding in order to build the car, as it happened).

It's a painful decision, but understandable - it's a better feeling than having credit cards hanging over you.

Plus, there's always something you wished you'd done differently on the build - at least this way you can start again

interestedparty

posted on 9/11/10 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
I think it would be reasonable to drop the 'Locost' buit from your heading, after all, being as it is a Stuart Taylor it isn't home made, and with the independant rear, it's not really a Locost anyway. Might help the sale price

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.