Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dont buy from"carpetright" as they a crap !
steve m

posted on 9/11/10 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Dont buy from"carpetright" as they a crap !

Basicly, i would recomend no one buying from these clowns, i certainley wont !!

We had a Garage/house fire in july this year, we are ok, but we did have quite a bit of damage to the garage, that also spread to the carpet damage in the hall, we also had smoke damage to all rooms in the house, but thats all sorted now

So, from the insurance we were given a voucher (not cash/cheque) to replace the hall carpet, this voucher was only redeemable at certain floor covering places, and the only one in my area was the the above

So we went there, and was served by the assistant manager, all fine and dandy, but both of us had incling that we was fiddeling the insurance, but not at our expense

An estimates guy comes out to us, and measures,
a week later it all arrives
I call "CR" and arrange for a fitter,
The fitter calls me, arranges a date, and all i have to do is remove the hall carpet and the carpet gripper rods, i do

When the fitter arrives, he rips up all the door plates as there not suitable for laminate flooring
He then opens up all the boxs and is 3 door plates short

we are now left with 3 doors with no plates /coverings

So we go back down to CR, to find out how they are going to resolve the problem

Basicly after an 30 mins of him shouting at us, saying its our fault, he calls the fitter, who agrees with us, that he took the plates off as they are not suitable

No appolgy, nothing, just reorders the missing items and tells us it will take 2-3 weeks

That is it, and he just walks off

Both of us, came out of that place disgusted at the treatment we got, capped by we dont even know if it will be resolved

I have prewritten a letter to head office with dates times etc etc, but will wait for the rest of work to be completed

Rant over

But i willl get my own back on this clown, i have his email !!!

Steve

g.gilo

posted on 9/11/10 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
carpet wrong

had nothing but hassel from them twice, nails through the telephone cable by accident after i complaind ? ended up in the store on a saturday slaging them off to all ,refused to go when threatened with police, finaly won after an hour or so,
to--ers

Gav

posted on 9/11/10 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
When i had the carpet fitted in my conservatory the fitter knocked a hole in my toilet door while walking in with carpet grippers, rang CR to complain and ask what they were going to do about it and was told i had to take it up with the fitter as i had contracted him and was nothing todo with them! utter nutsack they arranged it all. Only problem being is i had to pay the fitter there and then so technically i guess they are correct but it is something to watch out for.

BigLee

posted on 9/11/10 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thank-you Steve. I need a new living room carpet and presumed Carpetright would as good as any other. Thanks to you, I'll spend my hard earned cash elsewhere. I think I'll go independant where the guy who sells it, is the same as the guy who fits it!
steve m

posted on 9/11/10 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
I had dealings with them about 8 years ago, we wanted a new lounge carpet
we went to CP, and saw what we liked, and got a quote done based on my taken measurements, and the price
seemed to grow from the advertised price of about £800 to £1500, so we walked

I went back the following day and cut a piece of the carpet off the rack
And went to an independant guy, that turns out to be a neighbour of mine, he did the whole lot for £600

Most of my family have used him, and find his prices, and buisness excellent

He also, because is recomended, is the type of person i would have no hesitation in leaving in my property without supervision, and that alone is a good recomendation !

The 3 "fitters" that did my hall laminate last week seemed fine, but i would not leave them in my house with out one of us around

I will never use CP again !!

AndyW

posted on 9/11/10 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Just to make any one aware that all their fitters are self employed and are charged £8 per day by carpet right to fit their carpets. Theya re charged this rate even if they have no work from them. Their head office is in my town and Im in the commercial interiors business and deal with carpet distribution and almost every carpet and flooring contractor in the country, no one and I mean no one in the trade has a good word to say about them.
D Beddows

posted on 9/11/10 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
oooooooo don't get me started on Carpetright....... we bought carpets for 3 bedrooms when we moved in here about 3 years ago, Mrs Beddows measured the rooms and placed the order...... fitter turns up with carpets that aren't long enough to fit into the doorways and 'just' about fit the rooms. Mrs Beddows isn't a carpet fitter so you would think they would include a margine of error in what they send to reflect that......but no....I phone up to complain and am told that yes they will send enough carpet but I have to pay the fitter £20 to drive the 3 miles to pick up the right sized carpets...... after half an hour of a very heated phonecall I give the guy £20 because I've lost the will to live and we have to move in......he fits the new carpets and leaves......a week later we put the new wardrobes in.........but the muppet has fitted the carpets by folding the edges over on the gripper rail so we either have to put the wardrobes 50mm from the wall or put spacers under the front of the wardrobes.....Carpetright interested......what do you think!?

We need a new lounge and stair carpet at the moment - guess where Mrs Beddows found the carpets she likes........NO F*KING WAY!

Dingz

posted on 9/11/10 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
The owner is Philip Harris remember Harris Carpets? I think he owned most of the big carpet retailers then Queensway stores. He is now Lord Harris of Peckham does that ring a bell? He really is a millionaire though

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

Guinness

posted on 9/11/10 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
We recently finished our loft conversion and needed carpet.

Now I supply / install 1,000's of metres of office carpet each year, but going into these retail sheds was a nightmare.

The carpet might be cheap, but the margin is in the underlay and gripper rods and sometimes the fitting.

We gave up in the end, and used one of our regular subbies to supply and fit a nice broadloom, for about 1/2 the price we were being quoted at the sheds.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 9/11/10 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
CR stands for carpet reject........... nuff said

cliftyhanger

posted on 9/11/10 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
I use them a fair bit for rental houses. They sell some OK stuff pretty cheap, works out about £40 a bedroom. However, the price of underlay/gripper and, to a lesser extent, fitting is astronomical. If it is a tricky shape that I am not happy to do, I get a local fitter to supply and fit. Works out much cheaper than dear old CR.
Not sure about the quality of their "better" carpets. Suspect when I need my own hallway/stairs doing I will be looking elsewhere

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.