New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Odyssey PC680 battery
femster87

posted on 24/11/10 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Odyssey PC680 battery

any reviews of this product? Pros and Cons? Any users on here
scootz

posted on 24/11/10 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Small, light and powerful... two thumbs up from me!

It's Evolution Baby!

Benzo

posted on 24/11/10 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Where is the cheapest place to source these light race batteries? ive always used varleys in the past and got them from demon tweeks, but im on cheap skate mode..!

[Edited on 24/11/10 by Benzo]

rf900rush

posted on 24/11/10 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've had one one mine since 2003 no problems yet.

1st on a RF900 now ZX12R.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dusty

posted on 24/11/10 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
680 is OK if you like a big battery! 545 does my ST170 and the blacktop before it. About 4 years old now and started even when left for 3 months while I lazed in Oz.

Bought it on ebay!!!

[Edited on 24/11/10 by Dusty]

Benzo

posted on 24/11/10 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rf900rush
I've had one one mine since 2003 no problems yet.

1st on a RF900 now ZX12R.

ok so can you tell me, what would the advantage be of running a Varley type battery over a standard bike battery? im also running a blade engine.. longlivity only? because the bike batteries are about a 3rd of the cost?

RazMan

posted on 24/11/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
The gel batteries are ok in all sorts of positions (although upright is best) They are completely sealed and will give a much higher cranking current than a bike battery. That PC680 will easily crank over a 7 litre V8 so it is far larger than you really need - mine whizzes my little V6 over nicely after 4 years of abuse, left to go flat, quick charging etc.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dhutch

posted on 24/11/10 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got a Powervamp PVR25 in mine, works well for the 1900 cvh, ditto on my housemates car.

Daniel

Wadders

posted on 24/11/10 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Just take care never to let it go completely flat, as it will probably kill it
I found out that the hard way. now use an optimate to keep mine in good condition
Al

RK

posted on 25/11/10 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Thumbs up. Nissan CA18DET turbo lump, often doesn't start properly, and this battery goes ages before it needs another charge.
blakep82

posted on 25/11/10 at 01:18 AM Reply With Quote
what's a good price for these? just looking on ebay you know...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Ben_Copeland

posted on 25/11/10 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
Mines kept on an Optimate Charger all through the winter as they don't like the cold weather, plus it makes sure it never drains flat.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

franky

posted on 25/11/10 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Have a look at www.powervampracing.co.uk they're the same but re-branded. I've got a pc680 to my 3.0 motor and its amazing how easily it copes.
bimbleuk

posted on 25/11/10 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
The gel batteries are ok in all sorts of positions (although upright is best) They are completely sealed and will give a much higher cranking current than a bike battery. That PC680 will easily crank over a 7 litre V8 so it is far larger than you really need - mine whizzes my little V6 over nicely after 4 years of abuse, left to go flat, quick charging etc.

Certainly serves my 5.7L V8 anyway! If I drove the car everyday and kept it outside I would have gone for a 900 series but it's garaged so the 680 is fine for starting it. They have a high initial cranking but can quickly tail off if you need continuous cranking.

I was lucky to get mine trade for £60 you'd be doing well to buy one for much under £100 retail.

dhutch

posted on 25/11/10 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
Mines kept on an Optimate Charger all through the winter as they don't like the cold weather, plus it makes sure it never drains flat.

Yeah, i actaully took mine out, for other reasons, over winter and kept in side.

However this year im hoping to keep it up with odd weekend runs out in the car.... watch this space.

Daniel

redeye

posted on 25/11/10 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
10 out of 10 from me

Had mine about 3.5 years and its never let me down

Patrick

Yazza54

posted on 25/11/10 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Got one on my fury. Probably overkill but I didn't have much faith in the little gel bike battery. Works great and would easily spin over something much bigger. Like mentioned before though dont let it go completely dead. They don't like being drained then recharged over and over again, but with either regular use or trickle charger it'll last forever. Mine was about £80 on eBay.

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

Jenko

posted on 25/11/10 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
I bought one a few weeks ago....Cheapest I found was 86 delivered and that was from good ol' ebay.

Pj.

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

blakep82

posted on 25/11/10 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
seems to be some on ebay (2nd hand, 1 year usage) for £49 +£10 post. if only i needed one now... no point in getting one for it to sit around for another few months/years

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

solder_guy

posted on 5/2/11 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland

I keep my 680 in the car and on a charger all the time for this reason.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.