Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: couple of 2008 R1 wiring questions?
-matt

posted on 29/11/10 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
couple of 2008 R1 wiring questions?

well ive got most of my engine wiring done (will cut out the uneccersery bits after got her started), but got a couple of bits im stuck on:

Intake funnel servo motor : im assuming its this green connection, but what does it connect to? or is it not needed?

Intake air temperature: is this these? the grey connecter, there is one on each cylinder all connected together.

this sensor here, im sure is either the atmospheric pressure sensor or the intake air pressure sensor, which is this, and where does it connect to?

and lastly is this connector the coolant temp? if so do i need to use it? as im running the rad/fan Etc seperatly.

if anyone could help me with any of these that would be great.

cheers

RickRick

posted on 29/11/10 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
from an 05 engine but..
first pic coolant temp connects to the head/block under the throttle bodys and you should use it. intake motor will be mounted to the TB's and the connections will all be part of the large plug on the TB loom
second pic injector connectors
third pick intake or atmos pressure sensor there's one of each there both the same units, i would guess that one used to be part of the airbox, the other one would probably be on a much longer wire, i think it normaly lives in the rear seat area on the bike
fourth pic intake temp sensor

[Edited on 29/11/10 by RickRick]

-matt

posted on 29/11/10 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
cheers, i am now just left with the atmospheric pressure sensor, and the intake air temperature sensors.

neither of which can i find where they are mounted?

i have the original airbox, but can't find any spots on there, but im not using the airbox anyway.

so anyone any ideas?

cheers

irvined

posted on 29/11/10 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Can't remember off hand what the top pic is, but it looks in the right place to be the Intake Funnel Servo Motor. This is mounted in the air box, its the thing that lifts the trumpets. I've ditched the trumpets for now, and it runs fine without it connected, but if you have them, make sure you connect them up. The colour doesnt seem right though.

Second from the top is is the connector for the injector

The pic second from bottom is the atmospheric pressure sensor

Your bottom pic is the air intake temp sensor - it was originally mounted somewhere in the cowling in the bike, i mounted mine up near the air filter.

HTH

David

http://irvined.blogspot.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.