Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: tool chests
nib1980

posted on 13/12/10 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
tool chests

HI All,

where is a good place to get a roll cabinet, I want a decentish one.

any recomendations?

many thanks

Neil

aka_shortie

posted on 13/12/10 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
halfords pro range is good value for money IMO
vinny1275

posted on 13/12/10 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
I got a used one off the bay - roller cab and top cab, in good nick, for less than half the price of new ones, and got a Halfords pro middle chest to go with it. Once you've got past all the people wanting to sell limited edition snap-on cabs, there are normally a few on there....

trextr7monkey

posted on 13/12/10 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Halfords have 1/3 off all metal storage at moment [so their thrice daily emails are telling me,] which makes them better value than equivalent stuff from machine mart. With tool boxes/ chests/ cabinets it would appear that there is no limit to how much you can spend.
wescottishmatt

posted on 13/12/10 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
I've got the 'Halfords' ones as well. As above if you drop on you can get a good deal.
I bought the base 5 drawer unit a couple of years ago and got the upper 7 drawer one for free. Reserved it online and when I went to pick it up there was a few very minor marks on the last one they had so got a set of screwdrivers thrown in.

thunderace

posted on 13/12/10 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aka_shortie

yep
or if you want to spend more clarke pro

designer

posted on 13/12/10 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
I had Halfords for years with no problem. Now have one of the large Machine Mart ones because I needed more storage for the new shed.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dhutch

posted on 13/12/10 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a hellfrauds mid-range tool box (three drawers and a topbox lid). Its not the pro range, but it has rollers.

Quality is what you would expect (low to med) but it was fairly cost effective and has lasted the last year fine.

It just seams to be one of these things thats more expensive that you would really want!

Daniel

Stott

posted on 13/12/10 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
One of the best I've seen are US pro on ebay. Incredible for the money and easily on par with Snap On & Mac.

They are nicer even than Snap On friction runner boxes, maybe on par with the ball bearing ones, and by that I mean the action of the Snap On ones is maybe as nice as the US Pro, not the other way around, heavy guage and built to last.

I used to be in the trade so have seen and used a lot of different boxes and these are top notch fair play. When you look at the price difference it makes even more sense.

I have experience with the largest US Pro box only though ( 59" wide cab and top, 5'8" tall), which appears not to be available at the moment, although they all appear to be constructed the same.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 13/12/10 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aka_shortie

Got to agree - especially when they screw up and give you one in mistake for a damaged item!!

I bought one of these..

linky

which at £60 you can hardly go wrong with even if it isnt as good quality for the less well used items. I got one which was damaged so took it back and got given....

this

Needless to say i felt so guilty that i went to a different store and bought the first item again!!

fazerruss

posted on 13/12/10 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got a csps cabinet, all stainless steel outer and very well made. I think they may be the same as us pro and maxsteel. All roller bearing drawers which are removable ,locking casters and drawer liners. The best thing about it is cause its brushed stainless steel if you spill owt on it you can clean it up like new with steel wool!

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

m8kwr

posted on 14/12/10 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
i have one on these in red though...

US Pro Tool Chest Box roll cabinet toolbox heavyduty on eBay (end time 14-Dec-10 21:40:12 GMT)

I compared it to the halfords ones, and thought they were better value for money. I brought mine for about £400, but this was about 18 months ago not. But I would of got the halfords one if I did not have the spare £400 to buy it in one go.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.