Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Did some 'di-nocing' today
leemarkadams

posted on 21/12/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Did some 'di-nocing' today

Well, spent a few hours sorting out the side alloy trim thingies, as was sick of the paint coming off or them being silver, so:

Description
Description

A bit closer:

Description
Description

On the car:

Description
Description

Description
Description

Hoping the get the dash sorted on the next few days....

Lee

jacko

posted on 21/12/10 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Nice
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alawrence

posted on 21/12/10 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
that looks great
where did you get it

mikegsi

posted on 21/12/10 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
good stuff, easy to apply as well, just be sure to get the genuine 3M Di-Noc, not the cheap alternatives

i can get it in Black, Dark Grey, Silver, Champagne, White or Brown....... i find ebay is as cheap as anywhere, but i get it from the supplier direct (who supplies the majority of sigwriters within the UK) and pay a little bit more, that way i know im getting the real stuff as well as access to other types and colours of vinyl wrap

ive wrapped allsorts on tin tops, did parts of my dash on my old Evo 8, wrapped parts on mates vectra's inside and out, done xbox 360's, laptops, pc's, mopeds, phones, boxes......

you name it it can be done!

im not a professional by any means and dont make any living or profit from it either.

so far on my indy ive wrapped the boot box lid and the splash guards on the rear wheel arches are in this wrap, I plan on covering the entire internal dash and centre console once i get it built back up too

Dangle_kt

posted on 21/12/10 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikegsi
good stuff, easy to apply as well, just be sure to get the genuine 3M Di-Noc, not the cheap alternatives

i can get it in Black, Dark Grey, Silver, Champagne, White or Brown....... i find ebay is as cheap as anywhere, but i get it from the supplier direct (who supplies the majority of sigwriters within the UK) and pay a little bit more, that way i know im getting the real stuff as well as access to other types and colours of vinyl wrap

ive wrapped allsorts on tin tops, did parts of my dash on my old Evo 8, wrapped parts on mates vectra's inside and out, done xbox 360's, laptops, pc's, mopeds, phones, boxes......

you name it it can be done!

im not a professional by any means and dont make any living or profit from it either.

so far on my indy ive wrapped the boot box lid and the splash guards on the rear wheel arches are in this wrap, I plan on covering the entire internal dash and centre console once i get it built back up too

That looks great!

does it hold up ok against chipping - thinking of the rear wheel arch guard?

[Edited on 21/12/10 by Dangle_kt]

mikegsi

posted on 21/12/10 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
afaik it holds up fine, ill find out myself this next year, obv as you say rear wheel arch guard is gonna get it more than most other parts so i'm hoping its upto the job.

ive seen full cars wrapped in this and other vinyls and they have stood upto whatever has been chucked against it

40inches

posted on 21/12/10 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Looks ok with 2 coats of clear laquer, I plan to do the scuttle, rear arches and boot lid with it

Carbon fibre2?
Carbon fibre2?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.