Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how much is it worth?
chris666

posted on 7/1/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
how much is it worth?

A mate of mine is selling a zetec black top engine,jenvey throttle bodies,mbe management running on a base map,manifold for a seven type car, hes asking £2000 for the lot.is that cheap?

Chris

big_wasa

posted on 7/1/11 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
No its not, unless its all brand new or he has spent money on the engine with shallow sumps ect.

By manifold do you mean exhaust ?

Its the little extras that may or maynot be on it that cost lots.

If its just a base map proper maping is going io add to the costs.

[Edited on 7/1/11 by big_wasa]

chris666

posted on 7/1/11 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
shortened sump,arp bolts, plus gearbox(type 9,bellhousing.
daniel mason

posted on 7/1/11 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
It depends. It would be a good package but there would be cheaper ways to get way more power, if you wanted. I have got a 2003 honda s2000 engine,gearbox with clocks,steering, aem programmable ecu. But without the map for way less but parts are not as cheap if things go wrong. I think the Nissan engine from the 200 sx is about 200 bhp standard and seems a decent motor. Likewise the Volvo turbo units. Zetecs are nice and light though. My uncle has one in a dutton which is pretty quick!

omega0684

posted on 7/1/11 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
what jenveys? what spec is the engine? cams? rods? rod bolts? pistons? crank balanced? lightened fly (ali) and clutch? head porting? big valves? filters? what model engine management specs? is the manifold ported to the head and iTB's? trumpets included? modified sump?

i'd be asking all the questions and if he's spent that sort of money he'll have receipts for all of it.

even then i still think its expensive!

remember if he's running it on a base map, why hasn't he had it on the rollers, a good rolling session will cost between £300-£400 as well!

[Edited on 7/1/11 by omega0684]

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chris666

posted on 7/1/11 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
standard engine,alloy bell housing tatty thou,also a fse fuel reg,adjustable,manifold and 4-2-1 collector,and silencer,standard flywheel,raceline water rail,raceline alternator bracket.
Trumpets are included,and i dont think the ports are matched no standard as far as i know

[Edited on 7/1/11 by chris666]

big_wasa

posted on 7/1/11 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Ok so break it down.

S/H ebay ish sorts of prices.

Black top £150
T9 £100
jenveys on mani £600
ecu and loom £250
four branch mani £150
Alloy bell (taty) £50
Pro short sump £100 or £200 for the race line cast sump Or no extra for a cut and shut.
Raceline alt kit £75
Raceline waterrail £100

I think if he breaks it he would get back around £1500 and although Arp bolts are a good £50 they dont really add much.

Just my opinion having bought and sold a few zetec's

[Edited on 7/1/11 by big_wasa]

Chippy

posted on 7/1/11 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
I would think that as all the gear is second hand the figures above are optomistic plus you don't know if the engine has had the arse kicked out of it. I would think £1500 would be top end for known to be good, otherwise 1K to £1250. But thats just my opinion. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.