Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rent Free Gas
RichardK

posted on 10/1/11 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Rent Free Gas

Met a bloke at Rufforth autojumble and was chatting about gas, as you do!

Any way here is his email back to me as I was asking for a discount! I actually pass his place every morning and evening on the way to work so can collect if stuck.

Cheers

Rich

Hi Richard

The cost at Rufforth seems to be a popular topic in conversation!

You are correct on the Gas pricing and those are collect prices, I am based just a few miles away at Nun Monkton and live at Moor Monkton so local to Rufforth in every sense. I have set up a collection point at Rothwell Garden Centre,(251 Wood Lane, Rothwell, LS25 0RJ, Leeds) where bottles can be picked up or exchanged by arrangement after contacting myself.

The bottles are 9ltr. filled to 137bar. The system has been developed by Adams Gas in Kent and there are other distributors nationally. www.adamsgas.co.uk

I basically cover most of West, North & East Yorkshire as is practicable, as yet I don’t have established delivery rounds but there is usually a way of getting a bottle to someone.

I presume you have been on my site www.rentfreegas.co.uk which still needs tweaking but that’s where all the info can be found.

With regard to a Club discount I would suggest you contact Steve Adams at Adams Gas in Kent 01843 220168.

Thanks for enquiring and please feel free to contact me in the future.

Yours

Peter.

Sent: 09 January 2011 19:26
To: peter@petergibbs0.orangehome.co.uk
Subject: Gas discount

Hi Peter, good to meet you at Rufforth, was about the only good thing! £4 for that!

Any way I overheard you discussing pricing with somebody else and just wanted to ask a few questions if I may.

£50 refundable deposit

£34 per fill of argonsheild

So the first bottle would be £84 and subsequent refills would be £34. Where are you located as presumably its collection only? How big are the bottles?

I’m a member of a large forum with about 9000 members nationally and the question of gas rentals seems to come up regularly, so do you have any additional discount for clubs and such like where if the quote a code they get a little extra off?

Hope you don’t mind the questions but its always worthwhile asking!

Kindest regards

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andrew-theasby

posted on 10/1/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
That doesnt sound too bad, i have a contract for £5 month, and theyre about £35 refil iirc for argon, so might cancel that next time and try these instead now im not doing so much welding. Not sure what pressure they fill them to, sure it read 3something on my gauge? dont know how these compare. I know my CO2 doesnt last anywhere near as long and thats not on contract. Thanks
matt_gsxr

posted on 10/1/11 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Do him a favour and tell him to put prices on his website.

If he put the details from that e-mail on his site, then he'd start selling stuff.

Any luck with that discount?

Matt

RichardK

posted on 10/1/11 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Going to bell this Steve tomorrow... I'll update this thread if I get an answer. Yeh, will do, I think he's just started out so is just setting stuff up.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ashg

posted on 11/1/11 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
i used adams gas a couple of times. if your doing the odd bit of welding they are not too bad. if your building a chassis i worked it out to be cheaper to get a full size bottle on rental for a year. a boc large bottle was something like £90 for the year rental and £60 for the gas. so £150 for the year.

10 adams gas bottles which is about the same amount of gas as a large boc bottle at £34 each is £340.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.