Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: Customer service
Hammy360

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:06 PM
Customer service

I'm getting severely hacked off with communications from MK, my kit is ordered and due in two weeks. Ive had discussions with Baz about comms and actually I agreed that 24 hrs to get back to me via email would be OK! Subsequently emailed and am still waiting!! I am due to pay this week and am SERIOUSLY concerned about my investment. I have read all the notes on here about being a small company and how the cost of a receptionist would increase kit costs.... well consider this, how many lost orders have they had and also selling 250 kits a year at an average of £3k + follow up orders how much would a £15k per yr receptionist really cost! I've had enough and if I have no response tomorrow will cancel my order. Does anyone have any experience of the customer service from GBS?

Sorry for the rant but if Baz was stood at the supermarket counter, wallet in hand and was ignored how would he react!!?

Alfa145

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:16 PM
Always use the phone with these small companies as they're way to busy to sit on a computer.

GBS service is good, always get an answer on the phone and parts get here fast.

mookaloid

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:18 PM
Whilst I understand where you are coming from, I think you need to take a step back and a deep breath or two.

The email thing is a common problem with small businesses who do good work but don't have huge amounts of time to sit answering emails. I can say from experience that you will have much better results on the telephone.

The guys at MK do a pretty good kit and and a search on here will reveal that there are much much worse companies to deal with.....

I'm sure they will come through for you

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Hammy360

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:18 PM
they never answer the phone and the mail box is always full!
Howlor

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:20 PM
May be worth considering a GTS!
whitestu

They are fairly poor from a customer service point of view. In their defense they seem fairly honest unlike some suppliers, and have a decent track record of getting stuff out to customers.

From my limited experience of them Mac1 seem a bit better on the service front. Don't know about GBS.

If you go ahead with MK I would phone the day before collecting your kit and get them to confirm that everything is ready and any extra bits have been done like powder coating etc. before you turn up with a van.

Stu

Hammy360

I even met them at Autosport show at the NEC last weekend and they couldnt have been more disinterested in talking to me
slingshot2000

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hammy360
I even met them at Autosport show at the NEC last weekend and they couldnt have been more disinterested in talking to me

If that was the case I, for one, would definetly be taking my cash elsewhere!
Regards
Jon

Hammy360

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Alfa145
Always use the phone with these small companies as they're way to busy to sit on a computer.

GBS service is good, always get an answer on the phone and parts get here fast.

thanks I think I'll call them tomorrow and order, gutted Ive wasted so much of my allocated project time with MK

steve m

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:32 PM
May be worth considering a GTS!

Please dont use GTS, as you will still be waiting for parts you have ordered, when petrol is £100 a gallon

Popcorn ?

Hammy360

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by slingshot2000
quote:

If that was the case I, for one, would definetly be taking my cash elsewhere!
Regards
Jon

Thanks for the 'sanity check' I think I will, do you have any experience of GBS?

Davg

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:40 PM
Hammy
I take it you have actually ordered and paid deposit for the kit?

Coopz

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:42 PM
Have a little search, about MK problems/customer service. I have had problems myself, and been very unhappy. But I understand people have had problems with other Kit Manufacturers.
Hammy360

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:42 PM
Yeah, but have just emld them to cancel and get my deposit back, Im absolutely GUTTED!
perksy

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:47 PM
Will you get your deposit back if you have cancelled your order ?
AndyW

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:49 PM
I took my money to GBS after MK showed no interest in me at a show last year. As a potetial customer they could not be bothered to even speak with me so I walked along to GBS and they got my order. GBS customer service is excellent and I am 100% that I made the right decision.....
ReMan

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:49 PM
So you start a thread sbout how MK don't respond quickly enough (or at all) to emails, then post that you'veemailed them to cancel your order!

mistergrumpy

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:51 PM
TBH sounds much the same as I had when I was telephoning them about my manifold and all the shows I've seen MK at they're always too busy with themselves to talk

[Edited on 18/1/11 by mistergrumpy]

wylliezx9r

There are some good guys out there. I've been using Saturn for my Haynes bits. Superb customer service weather it by email or phone. Maybe off topic but what are the advantages of an indy over an Haynes?

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

austin man

not sure about the quality of the GBS so cant comment , I can vouch for the MK being a good bit of kit both as a track and road vehicle and in all the guys being a good set of lads. I wouldn't be too hasty jumping and would give them another call. You wouldn't want to compromise and possibly end up with a lesser product from another manafacturer.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

omega 24 v6

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:59 PM
I'm sure there was an article in a kitcar magazine about them recently but I can't find it now??

But you are quite right to take you're money where you feel. Hope you get your deposit back. If they cannot be bothered contacting you while they are waiting for you to complete the payment on your order then what will it be like when they have your money.
I know they have a big following of guys on here and a lot of them have the chance to visit the workshop on saturdays etc in their kits etc. But if you are too far away to do that then it must be frustrating trying to sort things out if they do not get back to you.
The GBS kit seems very good value for money IMHO and as with ANY kit the finished standard is down to the individual builder

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Davg

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:59 PM
If you decided on the MK in the first instance look at YOUR decisions based on that. Yep fully agree the could do better with customer contact /service!
Ok then, as most are well aware they don't really do email as such.
They will answer the phone but YOU need to keep at em.

As you said they have given you a delivery date couple of weeks away and generally will meet that date.

I have had several kits from them and dates were met. It's with you to ensure you make sure that they have all the bits ready.

Best advice give BAZ or Phil a call 2morro and discuss.

Good luck if you decide to go ahead and cancel though.

cheers D

mookaloid

posted on 18/1/11 at 11:13 PM
Well I have to say that as a small business owner myself, I find that 90% of the problems come from 10% of the customers - the problem with the 10% is not that they have have problems any worse than the 90% - they just have unrealistic expectations and the customer isn't always right.

My business has won awards for good customer service but faced with a customer with as much patience as you seem to have, I would be very glad if you went to one of my competitors.

I hope that what ever company you choose makes you happy

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

James

posted on 18/1/11 at 11:29 PM
quote:
Yeah, but have just emld them to cancel and get my deposit back, Im absolutely GUTTED!

You think they'll read *that* mail? lol

In my opinion, MNR seem to do the best kit out there now. Seconded only by MK. Give MNR a call, their service is reputedly very good.

I think you need to realise with this industry that things can be a bit hit and miss. From all manufacturers, products may be good, but customer service is often lacking. You have to realise that you're not ordering from Tescos! The whole industry is a little unprofessional... mainly cos it's run by hobbyists. And men building cars in sheds for people who build cars in sheds is never going to be a great way forward!!!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

HappyFather

posted on 19/1/11 at 12:25 AM
Not all kit car makers have bad comms. As I don't live in the UK, email communication was of utmost importance to me.

I can tell you MNR was great at answering emails. And were very friendly in Stoneleigh. Luego was OK with emails and very friendly in person.

I can complain about MK and Mac1 when I was selecting the company to buy from. If they were bad before they had my money, I can only guess after they had it.

I can't say anything about GBS since they only advertised CECs and I wanted a BEC and to buy all parts needed to build, so I excluded them from the shortlist.

Aries Motorsports is the company I selected. Excelent comms by email and very friendly. As Steve wasn't going to be on Stoneleigh, he opened up shop the prior Saturday evening so that I could visit it on my arrival day. And comms keep excelent 6 months after I bought it, with emails with build questions being replied on the following day.

In the end, it's your money, give it to whom you think is worth of it!

P.S. - Don't count on receiving your deposit back... After all, you agreed to a contract and now you're breaking it. The deposit is the company's protection against canceled orders because they have costs in preparing the order.

Best regards,
HappyFather

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.