Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Freeware - Autocad style Program
mad4x4

posted on 21/1/11 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Freeware - Autocad style Program

Linky

One of our engineers recommended this - Just downloading it to try but initally looks good.

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

RazMan

posted on 21/1/11 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Pretty good for freeware

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Neville Jones

posted on 21/1/11 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Been around for quite a while.

I pointed people to it some time ago.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=145930

As I put, autocad by any other name. But not quite up to the latest A'cad, but not far off.

Cheers,
Nev.

mad4x4

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah but a lot cheaper than autocad and safer than using a "hooky" copy

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
google sketchup is now one my fav toys, very powerful

Have now modelled in full 3D everything from carports to r/c planes in it and in a fraction of the time to do it in autocad. Showed it to a drafty at work and his jaw nearly hit the floor

Currently trying to get to grips with the sketchy physics add on which is a bit harder but have done my next trailer with working suspension.

This is my new carport, finished building the real thing last weekend looks just like the model too

[Edited on 21/1/11 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
and a still of me wiping out this tower block with a rather huge bomb in sketchy physics, quite fun really for doing disasters

blakep82

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
google sketchup is now one my fav toys, very powerful

Have now modelled in full 3D everything from carports to r/c planes in it and in a fraction of the time to do it in autocad. Showed it to a drafty at work and his jaw nearly hit the floor

Currently trying to get to grips with the sketchy physics add on which is a bit harder but have done my next trailer with working suspension.

This is my new carport, finished building the real thing last weekend looks just like the model too

[Edited on 21/1/11 by Mr Whippy]

are you building 3d models of your house to put on google earth

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
had thought about it but time is in short supply. Would be nice to do though

blakep82

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, i've got no patience for doing stuff like that. the biggest thing i've drawn on it was just under 1m long lol.
just downloaded sketchyphysics, made a spring, and when i couldn't get anything to land on it, i closed it down lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

loggyboy

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
If you like sketch up - try getting podium, the demos not much use but for a relatively small outlay you can get some great effects.

Sketcup JPG Export

Podium Render

[Edited on 21/1/11 by loggyboy]

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
wow cheers that is a big improvement, almost photo realistic will look into that

Yeah Blake the physics engine is quite complex to use, I found it very hard to get to grips with at first but there are plenty of tutorials on you-tube. Great for modeling car suspension setups etc

blakep82

posted on 21/1/11 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
it does look like good fun, i'll give it another shot when i'm not feeling like so much crap haven't got much time for anything today lol

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.