Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 7 alike Driving Experience
grassracer

posted on 21/1/11 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
7 alike Driving Experience

Can anyone help point me towards a driving experience or track day which involves the hire of a 7 alike type car?
Basically I have a milestone birthday coming up (40) and SWMBO wants a pointer as to what I'd like to do.
Does anyone do a real value for money track day or driving day where I can hire a 7 type car and get some proper track time.
By value for money I mean plenty of seat time as opposed to the ones where you get 20 minutes in the seat and the rest being shown how to do it.
In an ideal world a bike engine would be involved but thats not absolutely critical.

Hopefully someone can help me, all suggestions welcome, would prefer a northern venue I suppose too

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
kj

posted on 21/1/11 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Try Croft Circut or Teesside Autodromes web site, best going direct rather than a 3rd party.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

yozza

posted on 21/1/11 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there
I have been looking to get some track time myself before i finish my locost and the cost of hiring a westfield was £500 plus for a trackday with severe penalties if you put it in the gravel as well as a £2500 indemnity. I have just booked a full trackday at Oulton park and hired a race spec XR2 which is advertised on E-bay. Car is £199 pounds including fuel and delivered to the circuit plus £129 for the track day itself. I am going on Tuesday 25th (anyone else from here going?). I know its a completely different car but for a full day without hassle and half the price it seems good to me. Just thought you might consider it.
Joe

JimSpencer

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Have a look at BookaTrack - they do a full open pit lane day in one of their Caterhams (R300 I think) and although it's quite a chunk of money it's not silly for what you're getting.

Would recommend spliting it 3 ways though, a) It's a third the price, b) 20 mins an hour track time over a full day is plenty.

Jonny at BookaTrack is a sound bloke too, always runs a good day.

Kriss

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
book a track! or get on a caterham website and ask for people who hire race cars. my mate has 3 mx5's between him and a buddy who they rent out for races and trackdays. sure plenty of caterham boys do the same.

your problem will be i suspect that its more "high end" big badge cars that get rented, rather than MK's etc who are real enthusiast owned. thats not to say caterham owners aernt, they just carry the badge to get the bookings

TimEllershaw

posted on 21/1/11 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Probably not "value for money" at £199 per day, but Westfield do some Experience days. I've heard they are well organised :

Westfield

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
brookie

posted on 21/1/11 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimEllershaw
Probably not "value for money" at £199 per day, but Westfield do some Experience days. I've heard they are well organised :

Westfield

do u now where thers take place could do with doing one of them local to yorkshire would be good

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.