Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel price rises
Flamez

posted on 28/1/11 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Fuel price rises

Fuel may rise as much as 20+p Per gallon (5p per litre) in the next budget. Sign up for the fair fuel petition now to have your say against the massive increase ..

Fair Fuel Petition

[Edited on 28-1-11 by Flamez]

my build mac1motorsports

HowardB

posted on 28/1/11 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
for those of you on Facebook, there is a FB group too,

tia

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

speedyxjs

posted on 28/1/11 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Signed but really doubt it will make any difference whatsoever

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

BenB

posted on 28/1/11 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flamez
Fuel may rise as much as 20+p Per gallon (5p per litre) in the next budget. Sign up for the fair fuel petition now to have your say against the massive increase ..

Fair Fuel Petition

Says who it's going to go up by 5p a litre? Last thing I heard Osbourne was talking about not doing already planned tax increases.....

Andi

posted on 28/1/11 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
Signed but really doubt it will make any difference whatsoever

I agree,
We need a few truckers to block the fuel depots.
Whilst a little inconvenient for most, it brought the country to its knees more than the
Luftwaffe ever did and forced the governments hand

marcjagman

posted on 28/1/11 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Whilst not wanting to start any political rows or arguements I don't think a petition will stop any government doing anything. I agree with the principals of the current jokers, er government, but I think they are doing too much too soon. Maybe they should spread their money stealing ideas out over 4 years instead of landing them on us all at once? The country is on it's knees and they do have some good ideas, even if we don't like them, but too much in one go. That's just my opinion, as for the fual rise, it's too much already, me and the missus find it hard enough to get out of the house with her MS so going to the park, 9 miles away, in the car is a treat for us, but even that's getting too costly now.
MikeFellows

posted on 28/1/11 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
I dont like the fuel prices rises as much as anyone else but I do see some logic in what's happening

Oil is running out, its a simple as that and a German study (Linky)last year estimated we will hit peak oil in 2012. When we hit peak oil it slowly becomes more and more expensive to get the stuff out of the ground.

there are major problems in calculating peak oil because when opec changed the rules on selling oil to a percentage of the oil you actually had in the ground all the member country's lied about the amount of oil they had so they could produce more oil each year. this is estimated to be up to 1/3 of the oil we actually have.

I'm not an expert on this but I would assume any government would have much better access to this information than I do using google (maybe not though ) and if their information corresponds with info all over the internet then surely they would be trying to curb our oil usage. add this to the fact that we are short on money and the simplest and easiest solution is to raise tax on fuel sadly.

also didn't Osborne say he was considering scrapping the April fuel tax rise yesterday?

[Edited on 28/1/11 by MikeFellows]

Confused but excited.

posted on 28/1/11 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
According to people in the oil industry, oil isn't running out at all. What is happening, is that previously agricultural economies are becoming industrialised, China in particular and this will raise demand above production capacity. The shortage is not in crude supplies but refined supplies. This is why diesel, which used to be cheap, is now dearer than petrol. The demand created by these counties for HG vehicles has created a massive global demand for diesel.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

tegwin

posted on 28/1/11 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
This is true... I dont think we will run out of crude in any of our lifetimes..... but because people are now aware that we are "running low" the fuel companies/governments can quite easily up the price because people believe there is a shortage....

Clever marketing... nothing more

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

MikeFellows

posted on 28/1/11 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
peak oil is not about running out of oil, And I would agree that in my lifetime we will not run out of crude oil. Its that you have passed a point where the oil becomes increasing more expensive to get out of the ground.

oil production costs can be represented easily with a graph

when you initially set up the well, you have huge associated costs, but over time those decrease until the oil well hits 'peak' at this point it becomes more difficult over time to extract the oil and the costs associated increase.

it is well known and nobody is in doubt that peak oil hit the north sea in 1990, come 2020 even taking into account the current trend of fuel prices the oil that is left will not be financially viable to extract (other than some new invention that changes this, but most peoples focus is on renewable energy not fossil fuels).

The gulf of mexico too has already peaked and I cant remember the dates surrounding this. so American administration is now looking to Alaska and allowing new exploration.

I would agree however that china, india and other emerging economies are increasing our useage putting up prices, but this its self is just pushing us quicker toward some major problems.

check the taskforce setup by some major uk businesses that was published last year. I think the oil problem is a lot worse than most people think and I think the changes brought in the coming decade could make some huge changes to peoples lives

just my opinion, and I hope im wrong but thats where the evidence points.

edit for link to uk taskforce linky

and im just looking at the companies involved here Arup, Buro Happold, Kingfisher, Scottish and Southern Energy, Solarcentury, Stagecoach Group and Virgin

yet you still believe your mate who works in the oil industry

[Edited on 28/1/11 by MikeFellows]

sonic

posted on 28/1/11 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
When will people realise that companies who run a fleet of lorries do not pay the price at the pump!

They are subsidized by the goverment,i did some work for a company recently were the guy gave me a fuel card,he said try and go to the cheaper places to fill up because we get a rebate scheme.

If they use a certian amount of fuel over a given time they are rebated on that amount so there for don't pay the pump price,that is why the haulage companies arn't kicking off anymore.

Ninehigh

posted on 28/1/11 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
quote:
Originally posted by Flamez

Fair Fuel Petition

Says who it's going to go up by 5p a litre? Last thing I heard Osbourne was talking about not doing already planned tax increases.....

It would appear you're ready to believe something a politician says?

How much rebate are these hauliers getting? If they're happy with it then it looks like they're getting about 40p/l

Oh, and if we're running out of oil, or it's just plain getting more expensive, or even these stupid prices are because of environmental reasons (give me a few minutes while I stop laughing) then why not just come down hard on it? My way of dealing with this would be thus:

By 2015 it is illegal to sell a new vehicle that requires petrol, diesel or LPG to run.

Done

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.