Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Saxo immobiliser problem
Humbug

posted on 9/2/11 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Saxo immobiliser problem

My daughter's S reg Saxo 1.1 has built-in engine immobiliser i.e. when you turn the ignition on the light is supposed to come on for a couple of seconds, then goes out and you can start the engine. Problem is, it often doesn't go out, so you can be sitting there for several minutes, turning the key on and off, taking it out, etc. until eventually the light goes out and you can actually start it.

So... any ideas on cause and solution?

TIA

Simon

Jasongray5

posted on 9/2/11 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
My friend had the same problem with his VTR, turned out to be a relay somewhere that was playing up? Near the battery or under it i think he said?
Cheers Jason

How hard can it be?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33261515@N03/sets/72157611049241239/

snapper

posted on 9/2/11 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Check all connections at the switch, then perhaps a scrapyard switch to swap out to see if that cures it otherwise it's an ECU reset.
Some ECU's will reset if you disconnect the battery for a few mins, but check first.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

BazzaMonty

posted on 9/2/11 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
The Transponder that sits around the ignition switch is common for this fault you have, remove the covers around the switch then you have a couple of plastic clips on the transponder body, gently pull back one at a time untill it releases and it will pull off.....remember to disconnect it. If you fit a new one then you will have to get the keys reprogramed. I was a mechanic with citroen for 15 years and this was the most common fault before broken wires and faulty relays and ecu faults.

Baz

Humbug

posted on 9/2/11 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies. I Googled it and found quite a bit, but mostly about the transponder aerial, rather than the transponder itself (per BazzaMonty's post above).

I will check the aerial, connectors, relay, etc. at the weekend.

Cheers,

Simon

BazzaMonty

posted on 10/2/11 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
Its the transponder aerial i am talking about you will see it when u remove the steering coloum covers.
Humbug

posted on 10/2/11 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
OK, ta. The google results I saw didn;t say anything about getting the keys reprogrammed... Oh well

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.