Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: C20XE Conversion bits
skidmark

posted on 15/2/11 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
C20XE Conversion bits

Hello all,

I've finally thrown in the towel trying to get my XE engine working in my MK Indy (due to a lemon of a "rebuilt" engine from ebay which has had several major issues and now requires a full rebuild!) and after much indecision, decided to go down the new blacktop Zetec route as I can't justify the cost of a full rebuild, can't buy a new XE and just want to get the car on the road with some useable power without worrying about the engine's history!.

So, with much regret , unless somebody can talk me out of it or magically has a reliable XE for sale at reasonable price, I've got a load of almost new XE related bits for sale at less than I paid which might be of interest to some of you:

- SBD low sump (100m height & baffled) and modified pickup, excellent condition (SBD price £290 inc VAT!!). £150 [SOLD]

- Yukspeed XE to Type-9 alloy bellhousing (zero degree) with correct cap-head bolts, as new except primed and sprayed silver on outside to keep it looking pretty £120

- 4 into 1 Stainless custom full exhaust system for C20XE in MK Indy with repackable silencer. Fabricated by Martin Keenan. It now has 2 lambda bosses also (one for ECU, one for rolling road) £450 (cost somewhat more!).

- SBD Distributor blanking plate (minus o-ring) £10 [SOLD]

- SBD Oil Take Off + MOCAL remote filter housing + overbraided pipes with various push-on fittings £30 [SOLD]

- SBD Nylon pressure relief valve kit (hardly any use, a few light surface scratches on the sides which shouldn't affect its performance - cost over £50 from SBD) £25 [SOLD]

- XE starter motor (new / recon unit hardly any use) £40

- Helix Clutch (not paddle type) and "early" XE standard (as far as I can see) flywheel, hardly an use - £? Offers.

- Custom engine mounts to fit C20XE directly into MK indy (pinto chassis) Well made, painted silver - £30

- Custom C20XE to GSXR1000/750 aluminium manifold - this has been cut into 4 individual pieces, one for each port because the numpty who made it (no names) got the port spacing wrong. It also suits a slightly ported head (about 1mm all round the port entrance). Bolts down and seals well and has take-offs for both coolant channels to next to port 1. £75.

- 2 x XE coil packs (3 pin) - £10 each

- Original "BERU" plug leads which I believe are in demand - £? Offers

- Set of brand new ARP con rod bolts for C20XE still in packaging. £50

There's probably some more that I've forgotton - please ask if you're after anything else including bits of the engine (head is OK I believe but I'm keeping the ECU / fuelling bits for now).

Let me know if I'm miles out with these prices or if you want to make an offer!.

Also if anybody is interested in buying as a package, make an offer!

All prices + postage,

Let me know if you want any pictures (I'll be back home Thursday so can take some then).

Cheers

[Edited on 15/2/11 by skidmark]

[Edited on 16/2/11 by skidmark]

[Edited on 17/2/11 by skidmark]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

scootz

posted on 15/2/11 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about your hassles!

Can you drop me a U2U with a price for the sump kit, mocal remote kit and nylon pressure relief kit.

Cheers

Scotty

It's Evolution Baby!

Mr G

posted on 15/2/11 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Is the bellhousing the long or short version (v6 type 9 or 4 pot type 9) and also upright or 7 degree?

Cheers

G

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

skidmark

posted on 15/2/11 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, the bellhousing is 0 degree (upright). From memory I think it's the short version. I'd have to measure it to make sure though as it was a while ago when I ordered it. Thanks
Ben_Copeland

posted on 15/2/11 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
I'll take the nylon value please. U2U me your details.

Sorry misread cooler lol

Interested in sump too

[Edited on 15/2/11 by Ben_Copeland]

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

skidmark

posted on 15/2/11 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Nylon relief valve provisionally sold
ruudbeckers

posted on 15/2/11 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have any pictures of the exhaust, can't find it on the website of Martin Keenan?
skidmark

posted on 15/2/11 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, sorry, he seems to have updated his website. I'll try to add some pictures to my photo archive...

Now added some pics to my archive - note there are now 2 lambda bungs added - both just after 4 into 1 collector (one towards the top, one hidden round the back).

omega 24 v6

posted on 15/2/11 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
I'll definately take the sump and pick up pipe if it's still up for grabs. or place me in line for dibs.

U2U how you want paying/plus postage etc.

Wish I'd looked on here at dinner time

[Edited on 15/2/11 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

scootz

posted on 15/2/11 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Just so everyone is kept aware... I'm out!

It's Evolution Baby!

skidmark

posted on 15/2/11 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Sump is now provisionally sold...
skidmark

posted on 15/2/11 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
OK, I'm finding it a bit difficult to work out this first and second dibs rule on here. I think I've done the right thing with the sump but just wanted to check before all hell breaks loose with the rest of the stuff.

Offers at the asking price are clear i.e. first one to say they want it on the thread gets first go at purchasing it, if it falls through then second dibs etc.

However, If there are multiple people interested at the same time (but are offering less than the asking price) and a process of bargaining is underway, how does that work? i.e. on here, sometimes you may have to wait for ages or don't even get a reply, if you are waiting for a counter offer from somebody then can you take another firm offer from somebody else? i.e. first dibs goes to the first price offered by seller and AGREED agreed by buyer?

Sorry, I'm a bit new to this and didn't want to disappoint anybody...

Chris

skidmark

posted on 15/2/11 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
ADDED:

westy turbo

posted on 15/2/11 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
any way of having a pic from:

SBD Oil Take Off + MOCAL remote filter housing + overbraided pipes with various push-on fittings £30

skidmark

posted on 15/2/11 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I can do some pictures on Thursday / Friday this week when I'm home. Remote oil filter bits are as-new. I think the take-off kit is from SBD (blanking plate and single connection for bottom of oil filter and return on the side of the oil pump) and the MOCAL filter is pretty standard (Sierra oil filter thread I think). The pipes are overbraided with stainless, secured at the ends with jubilee clips onto push-fit fittings.
skidmark

posted on 15/2/11 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
remote oil kit provisionally sold...
laptoprob

posted on 16/2/11 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Ill take the blanking plate please.

Also did you buy the clutch new and is it just the 1st stage uprated version that SBD sell??

If so i will be interested in that too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

skidmark

posted on 16/2/11 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Distributor blanking plate provisionally sold.

The clutch cover "looks" like a standard type clutch (i.e. not a fancy paddle type or small diameter version) but I believe it's an uprated spec. It has the "helix" sticker on it still.
I did not buy the clutch cover or plate new myself, the person who I bought my "freshly rebuilt" engine from apparently bought it new and fitted it to the engine but didn't get as far as using it. It looked new to me when I bought the engine. I've only done a small number of miles with it (before the engine failed!). I'll have a look at it when I'm home tomorrow evening and see if I can identify the model.

SALAD

posted on 16/2/11 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
I would like the early flat flywheel please and would you be able to remove the pedistals that the timing belt rollers/tensioners sit on.....and the crank pulley?
Provided it is an early engine.
I have U2U'd an offer.

[Edited on 16/2/11 by SALAD]

skidmark

posted on 16/2/11 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
It's a late engine (or the block is anyway). The head is an early GM one (recently skimmed with new seals and lifters, standard cams).

Thanks.

skidmark

posted on 17/2/11 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Still Available:

- Yukspeed XE to Type-9 alloy bellhousing (zero degree) with correct cap-head bolts, as new except primed and sprayed silver on outside to keep it looking pretty £120

- 4 into 1 Stainless custom full exhaust system for C20XE in MK Indy with repackable silencer. Fabricated by Martin Keenan. It now has 2 lambda bosses also (one for ECU, one for rolling road) £450 (cost somewhat more!).

- XE starter motor (new / recon unit hardly any use) £40

- Helix Clutch (not paddle type) and "early" XE standard (as far as I can see) flywheel, hardly an use - £? Offers.

- Custom engine mounts to fit C20XE directly into MK indy (pinto chassis) Well made, painted silver - £30

- Custom C20XE to GSXR1000/750 aluminium manifold - this has been cut into 4 individual pieces, one for each port because the numpty who made it (no names) got the port spacing wrong. It also suits a slightly ported head (about 1mm all round the port entrance). Nice smooth transition from tube to head, bolts down and seals well and has take-offs for both coolant channels to next to port 1. £75.

- 2 x XE coil packs (3 pin) - £10 each

- Original "BERU" plug leads which I believe are in demand - £10

bigruss

posted on 19/2/11 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
I'd like the
Original "BERU" plug leads which I believe are in demand - £10

Please

omega 24 v6

posted on 19/2/11 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sump arrived today and is in most excellent condition many many thanks for the quick delivery.

A+++++++++++++++++ Feedback LOL

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

johnny7

posted on 21/2/11 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
remote oil filter/pipes arrived today--just as described-top bloke-thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.