Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Motorola Defy? (or HTC?)
dhutch

posted on 16/2/11 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Motorola Defy? (or HTC?)

Ive been offered a Defy as a roubust alternative to the HTC range.

Origanally i was after a Legend but it appears that these are only avilable throught vodaphone and although this has become my network of choice having moved to a job where its the only signal in the office (been with 02 for the last 5 years) it appears to rule out making use of deals on carphonewarehouse, e2save, etc.

Either that or i sack the whole smart phone game off and get a Nokia 6700 which is the direct follow on from my current 6300.

Daniel

lsdweb

posted on 16/2/11 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
My wife's got a Defy and I've got an HTC Desire - she's on her third since Christmas!

I think I made the right choice!

Wyn

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 16/2/11 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have a HTC desire and it is simply the best gadget I have ever had. Its not robust though I'm on my second screen for example.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Gav

posted on 16/2/11 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yep had my HTC Desire since release in the UK and its been spot on.

dhutch

posted on 16/2/11 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
I have a HTC desire and it is simply the best gadget I have ever had. Its not robust though I'm on my second screen for example.

This is what worries me.

The current Nokia 6300 has as done very well indeed and last the 18months with only one incident but im not gentle with phones and although I can put my sim into a cheap phone for things like weekend sailing (dont think you can use a touch screen through phone pouch) and i can use a cover to protect it from keys and the like, i just dont want to spend the whole time looking after it.
I also mountain bike once or twice most weeks which is a bit often to by swapping sims and can end up with it getting damp and or landed on if i stack it. And as one of the main feature i would like in a new phone is GPS so i can track the trails i ride and learn from others swaping to phone sort of defeats that!

Daniel

James

posted on 16/2/11 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Cant comment on robustness (although she is clumsy and breaks most things but not this!) but been massively impressed with my girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy S

So many cool apps!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

britishtrident

posted on 16/2/11 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
One thing I didn't like about Samsungs is SIM unlocking can be very difficult on some models.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

RazMan

posted on 16/2/11 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Desire or Galaxy for me - sure, they can be broken if you are not careful but if you use a case to protect them they are perfectly ok.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
UncleFista

posted on 16/2/11 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I now have a desire HD, cracking phone but I'm painfully aware it's only going to stay pristine for a short time.
I miss the "disposableness" of my cheapo orange san fransisco.

The san fran does 90% of what my 450 quid phone does but only costs a quarter of that to replace if you drop it...

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.