Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Boxer van
LBMEFM

posted on 12/3/11 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Boxer van

I have a year 2000 Peugeot Boxer van, getting 5th gear got increasingly more difficult to select, it also made a loud " crunch" when it did engage. I can rarely select it at all now and when I do it jumps out again. I know the gear stick is connected by cables to the box can these be adjusted to cure the problem or do you think it is the gearbox itself. Any help or suggestions welcome, ta. Barry.

[Edited on 12/3/11 by LBMEFM]

bob tatt

posted on 12/3/11 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
mate of mine had the same problem with his it was the linkage that was at fault, from what i remember it was something under the dash. Hope this helps
ssc28

posted on 12/3/11 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
The gear boxes on the boxer, relay and ducatto which are effectively the same van are notorious for worn syncromesh rings. la realy does the same in 2nd and 3rd. You learn to drive round the problem by changing at the approriate time/revs. I don't think the linkage is likely to be the problem. I even have a spare gaerbox, but I can't be bothered with the hassle of fitting it TBH.
LBMEFM

posted on 12/3/11 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies, Barry

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.