Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: T66 - Fiat 126
MikeFellows

posted on 14/3/11 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
T66 - Fiat 126

Pictures in the photo archive look amazing.

sorry if you already posted the details, but what are your plans (im guessing to make it looks similar to the blue/white one in your archive) for the car?

what engine are you running, what drive train and gear box did you go for?

have you driven one with a RWD conversion?

I could ask a million questions, I absolutely love it!

Mike

nick205

posted on 14/3/11 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
+1 great project
MikeCapon

posted on 14/3/11 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
It's all on the Retropower website.

A good read.

Cheers,

Mike

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeFellows

posted on 14/3/11 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon
It's all on the Retropower website.

A good read.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks!

Mike S

posted on 14/3/11 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
"have you driven one with a RWD conversion?"

126's are rear engine, rear wheel drive in standard form.

Just that they have a small twin cylinder air cooled engine that makes 3 parts of sod all power.

However, I had one brand new when they first came out as my first car in about 1973. Did massive mileage, thashed it to death but loved it all the same.

Would like to do one with a bike engine conversion though.

Mike S

There are more horses' asses in this world than there are horses

T66

posted on 14/3/11 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Pleased you like....

Been speaking with Nat today, and the rolling shell should be ready to collect maybe next week if I can fit it in. I dont have a tow hitch fitted to the car at the minute, but have a trailer, so still looking about.

I am bringing the car back North so I can do the wiring () the exhaust manifold , and gearchange. The head needs to come off the engine , a couple of helicoils are required in the plug holes, brakes and a number of other jobs...

Then it goes back down the road for the final paint and finish.

The engine is a TTS built 2001 Honda Blackbird efi, with a Rotrex C30-84 running off the end of the crank, balance shafts removed, Van Diemen dry sumped, Snow water & meth system. JE pistons , Carillo rods, 1195cc kit, flowed head bla bla bla

Latest information received is it was the spare engine of two built , and dyno @ 330bhp - so is fairly pokey.

Nat tells me today, with the engine out the car its so light he moves it round the workshop like a wheelbarrow, or gets inside it and stands up to move it around.....turtle in a halfshell (sorry Nat)

The car will stay white, I have just ordered a set of grey CXRs, and it will get some discrete Abarth badging.

My learning curve continues to steepen, so standby here please for lots of daft questions from me....

Ivan

Guinness

posted on 14/3/11 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ivan

If you get stuck I've got a hitch on the tin top and I'm relatively free next week if you want a road trip?

Mike

T66

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
Ivan

If you get stuck I've got a hitch on the tin top and I'm relatively free next week if you want a road trip?

Mike

Cheers Mike !!!

Top offer - will keep you posted. There may be 2 of us (my son in law is desperate for a nose at retropower)

Im off wed/thurs/fri but my shifts may need chopping about , and also to keep her indoors smiling aswell lol.

The trailer gets pulled with a Golf, so not one of these huge jobbies for 4x4 only...

Locost is the dergs knerb...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.