Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tow bar ?
Gordy

posted on 16/3/11 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Tow bar ?

Does anybody know if you have to inform your insurance if you fit an (approved) tow bar to your car ?
speedyxjs

posted on 16/3/11 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Probably best to anywaty. Isurance companies will use any excuse to get out of a claim

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

PSpirine

posted on 16/3/11 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Probably should.

I personally wouldn't and haven't on past vehicles (current one doesn't have a tow bar), but that's not to say it's right.

Flamez

posted on 16/3/11 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
I did and they informed me that there was no extra charge and the trailer carried 3rd paryy insurance whils being towed or connected to the vehicle. However the trailer or contents were not fully comp .

my build mac1motorsports

norfolkluego

posted on 16/3/11 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
I did when I fitted mine, they weren't bothered at all, it is a 4x4 though, might be more interested if it was on a small car
Gordy

posted on 16/3/11 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, tow bar is a brink detachable which was on car when i purchased it, don't actually have towing ball for it and can't tow anything without it. The problem is someone reversed into my car and a bit nervous about insurance assessor putting block on my claim
JoelP

posted on 16/3/11 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
nowt to worry about there. I crashed with no mot and still got paid. They arent as bad as the reputation they have!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Gordy

posted on 16/3/11 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
nowt to worry about there. I crashed with no mot and still got paid. They arent as bad as the reputation they have!
Tbh Joel my insurance (Adrian Flux) have been a total nightmare, my car was hit by an insured driver when it was parked and he admits full responsibility for damage to my car so i'm claiming his insurance, quite straight forward you'd think, but my insurance are trying to tell me i'm not insured for travelling to and from work, which is certainly not the case as far as i'm concerned. I was not in the car and not even claiming my own insurance, can't believe the grief i'm getting from my own insurance, i thought they were meant to be on my side. I have 2 cars insured with them and over 7 years no claims on policies. BE WARNDED, think twice before using ADRIAN FLUX

JoelP

posted on 16/3/11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like a right headache! Surely any SDP policy must include travel to a fixed place of work?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

ReMan

posted on 16/3/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
sounds like a right headache! Surely any SDP policy must include travel to a fixed place of work?

It used to be
Seems of recent years it has to be SDP and (very specifically) commute
Yet another out?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Gordy

posted on 16/3/11 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:

It used to be
Seems of recent years it has to be SDP and (very specifically) commute
Yet another out?
Yeh 'commute' news to me as well, information never offered to me when i've renewed my policy though, but did make it clear to them that i needed policy to cover me to and from work ? robbing b*stards

Ninehigh

posted on 23/3/11 at 04:27 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I'd argue that going to work in order to pay for the car, the insurance and everything that comes under "domestic" should also come under domestic. I don't go to work for the fun of it, or to be on my own for hours on end, it's to pay for the car I use to get there and satisfy my family's penchant for living in a house and eating on a daily basis.

And I don't care what they say I'll argue it to my grave, especially when it constitutes 99% of my mileage

jossey

posted on 23/3/11 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
i heard the rule is that any none factory spec piece of kit you put on your car needs to be reported to the insurance or it can be void...

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.