Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Silicon hose stubs for gsxr's ??? & advice please
Andybarbet

posted on 30/3/11 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Silicon hose stubs for gsxr's ??? & advice please

Im after 4 short bits of silicone hose (or any fuel resistant hose) to connect my GSXR throttle bodies to my inlet manifold.

Im also after a bit of advice....

My GSXR 600's are 43mm outside diameter, my manifold is 45mm outside diameter, do i go for 45mm hose & if i do will it crush down 2mm to get a good fit or do i find something thats 43mm if this exists ?? & stretch it 2mm over the inlet manifold if this is possible ??

Im not worried about it being silicone hose, normal black fuel resistant hose will do, i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem ?

One last thing, where is a good reasonably priced place to buy from, i understand if i go silicone i will probably need 'fluro lined' to make it fuel resistant or is this not required ?

Apologies for all the questions - Cheers Andy

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

owelly

posted on 30/3/11 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
I've just taken some off my Alfa engine. I'll go and measure them now....wait there.....

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
owelly

posted on 30/3/11 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
I have blue silicon and it was fitted for about 20 minutes. Then the engine went pop.
The bits I have are 100mm long and are 45mm I/D and thye squished up nice and snug onto the 42mm inlet runners. Any good to you?
Like this...

[Edited on 30/3/11 by owelly]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andybarbet

posted on 30/3/11 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Spot on owelly, that sounds great.

Pop a U2U over to me with a price & i will let you know if i have enough pennies in the kitcar fund

Also, where did you get the clamps from ? are they standard jubilee clips ?

Cheers Andy

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

owelly

posted on 30/3/11 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
you have u2u

drury318

posted on 30/3/11 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
I used inlet rubbers from a V6 vectra or omega, they fit a treat and there are plenty about for pennies!
owelly

posted on 30/3/11 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
If you can find an alternative, don't think you have to buy mine. Have a looksy and let me know whenever.

James

posted on 31/3/11 at 12:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
Im after 4 short bits of silicone hose (or any fuel resistant hose) to connect my GSXR throttle bodies to my inlet manifold.

Pretty sure that silicon hose isn't fuel resistant.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

MikeRJ

posted on 31/3/11 at 01:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
Pretty sure that silicon hose isn't fuel resistant.

It isn't, unless you use the expensive flouro lined stuff. Not too much of a problem in a throttle body or plenum like Owellys as the injectors are fairly downstream of the hoses so they won't see a lot of fuel.

[Edited on 31/3/11 by MikeRJ]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.