Snuggs

posted on 3/4/11 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Nope - no Facebook account.

And I don't intend to have one either.

I have a life.

+1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 3/4/11 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Whats the knocking facebook guys? I find it most convenient for sharing pics and staying in touch with my friends in the US and OZ.

I don't agree though with the folks whose lives DO revolve around updating their status every time they take a crap or make a coffee.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

designer

posted on 3/4/11 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
+2
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dusty

posted on 3/4/11 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
+3

'Be the first of your friends to like this' sorta sums up why.

MikeRJ

posted on 3/4/11 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a crapbook account, but very rarely use it, maybe check it once a month. It is useful to be able to view stuff like this occasional though.
Chippy

posted on 3/4/11 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
+4

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Ninehigh

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty
'Be the first of your friends to like this' sorta sums up why.

Half of my friends are here, the other half couldn't give a toss about kitcars

blakep82

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
Whats the knocking facebook guys? I find it most convenient for sharing pics and staying in touch with my friends in the US and OZ.

I don't agree though with the folks whose lives DO revolve around updating their status every time they take a crap or make a coffee.

its only useful to other people who have a bookface. thats the thing. used to have bebo a few years back, which was good because i could put photos on, and anyone could see whether they had an account or not. bookface doesn't do that though, so any time anyone posts a link to facebook, its a complete waste to most people on here.

so, +723

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

40inches

posted on 3/4/11 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:

its only useful to other people who have a bookface. thats the thing. used to have bebo a few years back, which was good because i could put photos on, and anyone could see whether they had an account or not. bookface doesn't do that though, so any time anyone posts a link to facebook, its a complete waste to most people on here.

so, +723

I'll see your +723 and put in +724

jacko

posted on 3/4/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
+725
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 3/4/11 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
+726 how many hours are wasted throughout the world by social networking? My wife however seems to think the same about this site and the other car forums that I use '
Paul

[Edited on 3/4/11 by paulf]

iank

posted on 3/4/11 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

so, +723

Yes you can, you can send a link to an album or a photo. Though this might be a recent addition.

e.g. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1866147&l=87bca61dc8&id=740547886

Though for just photo's Flickr or Picasa are probably a better solution.

Personally I feel if you have a lot of friends across the country/world it's invaluable to keeping in touch, though my Missus thinks I don't have a life as I'm on here too often.

[Edited on 3/4/11 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

blakep82

posted on 3/4/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
quote:

so, +723

Yes you can, you can send a link to an album or a photo. Though this might be a recent addition.

e.g. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1866147&l=87bca61dc8&id=740547886

Though for just photo's Flickr or Picasa are probably a better solution.

Personally I feel if you have a lot of friends across the country/world it's invaluable to keeping in touch, though my Missus thinks I don't have a life as I'm on here too often.

ah, yeah, i think that is a new thing. first i've seen it happen

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

LBMEFM

posted on 3/4/11 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
What's Facebook?
+725

[Edited on 3/4/11 by LBMEFM]

blakep82

posted on 3/4/11 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
What's Facebook?
+725

lol

austin man

posted on 3/4/11 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
if it wasn't for facebook I'd never know where the kids where. Its better than a private investigator

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

woolly

posted on 3/4/11 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
its alright Ive got 8 months to think about it. so +727 for now
steve m

posted on 3/4/11 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
"if it wasn't for facebook I'd never know where the kids where. Its better than a private investigator "

that woud be cool, if my Kids didnt know. Great grandad is orth 5mil

s

Liam

posted on 3/4/11 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Bunch of luddites!

I've got a facebook account. And a life. Still can't be arsed to click a link about an over 60's Seven club

blakep82

posted on 4/4/11 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
there's a japanese guy posts on here from time to time. not him is it?

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 4/4/11 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Am I the only person who can see the mind blowing irony in the fact that people are abusing Facebook users on an interent forum.... and not even in the technical section!!!

People in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
David Jenkins

posted on 4/4/11 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
I have nothing against Facebook itself - but I can't be bothered to get involved with it, and certainly not just so I can see some pictures. It's the assumption that everyone has an account that annoys me.

My daughter in Australia is the only person who would get me on Facebook - but I contact her regularly via phone, email, Skype and SMS, so there's no need. Anyway, she wouldn't let me look at her pages!

[Edited on 4/4/11 by David Jenkins]

40inches

posted on 4/4/11 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
Am I the only person who can see the mind blowing irony in the fact that people are abusing Facebook users on an interent forum.... and not even in the technical section!!!

People in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.

Err! Isn't this a forum for a specific (most of the time) interest? and isn't Bookface a thingy that you can use to waste your life away?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.