Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fisher fury rear ended !
mazie

posted on 3/4/11 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Fisher fury rear ended !

Hi all, at 1pm today someone in a Citroën xsara ran into the back of me at a set of lights , I reakon they were doing 15-20mph. Rear rift side is smashed and he hit the chassis square on one corner. It doesnt appear to have damaged or even bent the chassis but its hard to tell. Ive taken meaurements and compared them to the near side and there is 5mm of difference , but could that just be manufacturing tolerances? It drives ok too apart from the steering wheel now being off centre which is strange for a rear end collison .
How strong are these chassis to be hit by another car?

can anyone recommend a repairer in the south east / Kent London?

Ive been told BGH are no longer about?

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2754
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 3/4/11 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
I believe Steve Hughes who worked for BGH and Fisher Sports cars has now taken on the fury and remains at the Bgh industrial unit as before.
Top bloke he is too.
01580 713777

[Edited on 3/4/11 by CRAIGR]

matt_gsxr

posted on 3/4/11 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
what a pain. Good to hear no damage to you.

These guys now own the Fury rights, and I am told they are good.

Tel 01580 713777
http://www.furysportscars.co.uk
Fury Sports Cars.
Unit 8
Verralls Business Centre,
Maidstone Road
Cranbrook
Kent. TN17 2A

Andy Bates would be another option as he knows loads about these things.

Matt

matt.c

posted on 3/4/11 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
The rear track will affect the from track ie crab

5mm might seem not alot but it will totally screw up the front. Remember in a crash the forces of impact will travel up the chassis.

adithorp

posted on 3/4/11 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Bad luck!

It's a good thing about the Fury Chassis that a rear end inpact hits the chassis ends rather than just overriding and into the fuel tank. Unfortunatly if the steering is nbow out that doues mean something has moved. If one of the wheels took any impact then it could just have tweeked a wishbone. I'd let Steve have a look.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

HowardB

posted on 3/4/11 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
often thought about the safety of the Fury, have you got any pix,...

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

mazie

posted on 3/4/11 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
hi all and thanks for the replies. Well there is difinate chassis damage on the lower diff cradle and the diagonal bracing that travels up on main chassis. this means the right rear is over an inch further forward than the left! the block that hit me wants his garage to repair this! ive said no way its going to fisher. maybe a new rear tub is needed too. i cant imagine what a quote to repair this would come to . Very glad to hear that steve is still about! im very particular to who would work on the car as i sure everyone is too!

its drivable to get to steve so bonus!

im going to post some pictures in abit.

bi22le

posted on 3/4/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
bad news matey. As i said to you before dont let the guy worm out of any part of the repair and it is good to see bgh are quite local. You should see if anyone wants to take your track day off your hands from here.
Good luck and ill see you next week at some point.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

mazie

posted on 3/4/11 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
You can see the damage where the paint has flaked

adithorp

posted on 3/4/11 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear! That looks like a new tub to me, although I had some slightly less severe damage repaired on mine after an argument with the armco at Oulton Park. Seen more severe damage to chassis than that repaired.

edit, to show what can be repaired...

[Edited on 3/4/11 by adithorp]

mazie

posted on 4/4/11 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
well its all booked in to see steve at fisher sports cars on thursday so he can access the damage to the chassis and tub.
does anyone know if a spyder rear tub with the flared arches will fit a standard fury? i prefer the look of them and if it has to be replaced then why not do it .

Humbug

posted on 4/4/11 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
ouch! definitely don't let a local spannerman loose on it, however good he might be on tintops.

Hope it all gets fixed to your satisfaction and you're back on the road soon.

clairetoo

posted on 4/4/11 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mazie
does anyone know if a spyder rear tub with the flared arches will fit a standard fury? i prefer the look of them and if it has to be replaced then why not do it .

It will - but it would have be be the whole tub as you would also lose your doors and windscreen..........an alternative is a Pheonix rear end - theres one car out there with that fitted , and it looks really good

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

jeffw

posted on 4/4/11 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
that is verging on blasphemous...Phoenix rear end on a Fury indeed....what ever next.

stevebubs

posted on 4/4/11 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
quote:
Originally posted by mazie

It will - but it would have be be the whole tub as you would also lose your doors and windscreen..........an alternative is a Pheonix rear end - theres one car out there with that fitted , and it looks really good

2 I believe, Claire

adithorp

posted on 4/4/11 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Claire is partly right. You'd loose the doors but you can keep the screen. The chassis is the same for both standard, spyder and full screen spyder.
Jeff, if you know the owner of the "Furynix" then you'd not be surprised by blasphfemy...

mazie

posted on 4/4/11 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
The previous owner/builder had bonded and filled the doors anyway making it just like a spyder , I don't have a roof and actually prefer just hopping over!
Mr Whippy

posted on 4/4/11 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure a new repair section can be bonded in rather than replace the whole tub that's the great thing about GRP bodys

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mike Wood

posted on 13/4/11 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Do you have an agreed value for the insurance - if so this might be enough repair work to write the car off, depending on how much chassis repair and labour. Depends how shunted and twisted chassis - sounds like could be a new one, or replace sections on the jig - both high labour cost once factored in stripping chassis and rebuild, as well as chassis frame repair. Hopefully I am wrong.

Sorry to sound gloomy! If you could buy the bits from the insurance company you could then put the payout to a new Fury kit (chassis and body re-using the other bits) - not sure this is what you are looking for!

I know of Caterhams a chassis repair job is quite often done (at the old chassis manufacturers - Arch Motors), but they are worth more £, so making such repairs viable.

Best of luck
Mike

mazie

posted on 13/4/11 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Took the car to see Steve. Definately a new tub but a fury spyder instead. The rest of the car appears all as it should be apart from the rear chassis damage which is repairable. Although new paint wont be cheap and the tub is labour intensive . Steve was a great help , very welcoming and an interesting bloke too.
Just got to give the insurance company the estimate.
Cars valued at £7k so I may be ok I'll just have to wait and see!
Am I right in thinking a write off is normally around 60% of the value?

ruskino80

posted on 30/9/12 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
how did this one pan out?
Pezza

posted on 4/10/12 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Seeing as he will be claiming through the other chaps insurance it doesn't matter what his agreed value is.
He can demand it be repaired, though i'm sure the insurance co will try and wiggle round this.

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

adithorp

posted on 4/10/12 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pezza
Seeing as he will be claiming through the other chaps insurance it doesn't matter what his agreed value is.
He can demand it be repaired, though i'm sure the insurance co will try and wiggle round this.

Seeing as this is a resurection of an 18month old thread and the car is currently for sale, I guess it's sorted.

Pezza

posted on 4/10/12 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
lol teach me not to check dates

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

bi22le

posted on 4/10/12 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Yup all sorted. He is a personal friend of mine.

The car went back to fisher for a full fix plus some extras. Its got new wheels and engine mods. Its a lot better can than before the accident and the new tub in snazzy blue looks the part. He is selling because of baby and wanting a bike i think.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.