Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anybody tried these?
designer

posted on 13/4/11 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Anybody tried these?

Has anybody on here see, tried, or have a pair of these:

http://www.wileyx.eu/

Would seem ideal for a car with no screen.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eagle

posted on 13/4/11 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
I have used the sg1's for years
I would highly recommend them very handy to
Have the clear lenses for night time

Mr Whippy

posted on 13/4/11 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Considering some of the stones that have battered of my windscreen, I'd recommend you do not just rely on a pair of sunglasses for protection. If you are running around with no windscreen then use a full face bike helmet, it might just stop a stone killing you

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 13/4/11 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
I have been hit on the visor by a bumble bee while out driving - made a hell of a bang and scared the life out of me! It would have done some damage to my face...

...one of the reasons I now have a windscreen!

scootz

posted on 13/4/11 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
The Wylies offer some of the best eye-protection for the money, but like the others say... get a helmet on!

They'll keep bugs out, but a relatively small stone being kicked up would destroy them (and your head!).

It's Evolution Baby!

Mr Whippy

posted on 13/4/11 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
one alternitive, though not sure how it would look on a 7 is to do what I did on my beach buggy. It has a fold down screen (narrowed alloy landy one) in town I'd just flip it down but when taking it on the dual carrage way I just fipped it up, the wind pressure keeps it there no problem giving me plenty of protection and no need for clamps. Also no need for wipers either for the MOT so got round that problem.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

blakep82

posted on 13/4/11 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
those glasses are great, until a 1/2" diameter stone hits your forehead on the motorway.
get a proper helmet and don't waste money on glasses

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

designer

posted on 13/4/11 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a full screen on my machine, just want a bit 'extra' for the side, or from the front tyres.
mrwibble

posted on 13/4/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
what ever you buy, buy polycarb lenses, pretty much bullet proof, but are easily scratched.
James

posted on 13/4/11 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrwibble
what ever you buy, buy polycarb lenses, pretty much bullet proof, but are easily scratched.

You can buy workshop glasses that are designed to survive lumps flying off lathes etc. Can get both sunglass lenses and clear.

I presume these are polycarb? They have an 'impact' rating.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

James

posted on 13/4/11 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
I have a full face motorbike helmet I wear.

Considering a flip-front type to make things a bit easier to talk to people and the like. Seem a bit pricey though!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Johneturbo

posted on 13/4/11 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
I've got this set really, they are comfy to wear with the strap and have the different lenses for daytime/night

military spec balistic rated (obviously won't stop brick)

http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/product.php/132/dixon-brand-militery-spec-eyewear-tac-3

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.