Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: some information on pug/citeron engines
hucky

posted on 19/4/11 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
some information on pug/citeron engines

ive been looking about, spoke to a few people about ford and bmw engines, but has anyone put something like a saxo vtr or a pug gti engine in one of the haynes or any other front engine rwd chassis? main thing i need to know is what gear box would be needed.

my question behind this is due to how pokey some of these little 1.6 engines are and very light with alot more potential.

so can anyone help gear box wise as i have a complete one of these going to waste at the pressent time?

cheers
chris

PhilCross66

posted on 19/4/11 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
I think there was an LDV van using pug diesel that was rwd so its gear box can be used. Im sure somebody will be along that knows much more about it.
dan8400

posted on 20/4/11 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
I'm no expert on this subject but just to bolster what Phil said.... we had an LDV 400 series a few years ago. It had (effectively) the same engine as a Peugeot 306 D Turbo.

Don't know if that helps but definately a Peugeot to RWD set-up

Thanks
Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

mcerd1

posted on 20/4/11 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
I thought the LDV's and sierra's used the same pug 2.3D for a while - no idea if the bellhousing would fit the smaller petrol engines though

-

hucky

posted on 20/4/11 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
cheers for the information, im not to sure the diesel and the petrols share the same set up, will look into it and see if i can find some sandwich plates to compare sizes
spdpug98

posted on 20/4/11 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
May be worth a call to Miles at Pug Racing, I don't think there is much he doesn't know about Pug engines http://www.pugracing.com/

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

loggyboy

posted on 20/4/11 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
I recal seeing a pug 306 with a Vx redtop in it (FWD). Now whether that conversion involved putting in the Vaux gearbox as well, or mating the redtop to the pug gearbox, I dont know! However if it was the latter, this may mean there is similarities between the vaux engine and pug ones?
hucky

posted on 20/4/11 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for advice everyone and also spdpug i contacted the guy you said. for anyone else that may look into this set up then here is the reply

quote:
The only box that I know mates to a PSA engine is one from a LDV van which used the XU engine which has a different Bell-housing to the TU engine found on the Saxo’s and 106’s,

So I think you’ll have to commission a adaptor plate to get something to fit I’m afraid

cheers
chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.