Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Audi A4 Avant All Road Quattro-Stop/Start failure
ghostrain

posted on 22/4/11 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Audi A4 Avant All Road Quattro-Stop/Start failure

Normally I switch off the Stop/Start function-I just don't like it-the fuel saving must be minimal. However I forgot to switch it off,stopped at a level crossing and it stopped the engine. Normally if I press the stop/start switch the engine will restart but this time it didn't and then it was not possible to restart using the key. By then the level crossing was open and I was holding a long line of traffic. In the end I had to take the key out,lock the car,unlock the car and restarted with the key.
Sometimes in the mornings,especially if the car has not been used for a few days I press the start key and it will be a few seconds before the engine starts-other times it will start instantly. Of course it never shows this when I present it to my Audi dealer.
Anyone else got the same car?
Anyone know how to permanently disable the stop/start function.
Otherwise I absolutely love the car,so much better than BMW's in the bad weather,feels rock solid on the road.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

auroan

posted on 22/4/11 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
It can be done using VCDS (vag-com). If your near York I can have a look for you.
britishtrident

posted on 22/4/11 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like it is immobiliser transponder related, try it with the spare key if that makes no difference I would suspect the antenna for the immobiliser transponder chip, the antenna is usually fitted round the ignition lock.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.