Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ayrton Senna - 17 years
Richard Quinn

posted on 1/5/11 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ayrton Senna - 17 years

It's the anniversary of the passing of a legend. Ayrton Senna - 21st March 1960 to 1st May 1994. Still a huge loss to motorsport.
britishtrident

posted on 1/5/11 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Not anywhere on my list of great drivers because of his bratish mind game behaviour I lost all interest in F1 for the years he was driving, even Schumacher never managed that.
Surrey Dave

posted on 1/5/11 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Fine Line

There's a fine line between genius and arrogant (I've got god in my cockpit nutter) ,but he got the results.

Although when you see a replay of him running Prost off the road a couple of times you you wonder what they would have done with him now!

If they where that good would they need these tactics?, my respect for Rossi (Motogp) went down a few notches when he started demanding that Lorenzo was removed from the team.

At the end of the day they are supposed to be SPORTSMEN!

Richard Quinn

posted on 1/5/11 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
I appreciate he wasn't everyone's cup of tea (and he was arrogant) but I found him entertaining in his own way. We don't seem to have as many "characters" these days.
designer

posted on 1/5/11 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Senna is the GOAT and was, in fact, very humble outside the GP circus.

He had the first carbon fibre briefcase, until Berger threw it out of a helicopter, he was like a kid when playing with his Radio Controlled planes and the children's foundation he started is working brilliant.

And Schumacher got Senna's contract at Ferrari.

In fact there are no characters left in F1, that's one of the main problems. They are all monotone and PC; no enthusiasm.

One of the classis lines was when Jackie Stewart brought the Tyrell into the pits complaining he had no grip. Tyrell answered 'you think you have problems, England are 72 for 6'

I remember James Hunt winning the British Grand Prix and the first thing he wanted as he stepped out of his car was a f...... cigarette.

[Edited on 1-5-11 by designer]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Craigman9

posted on 1/5/11 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
I appreciate he wasn't everyone's cup of tea (and he was arrogant) but I found him entertaining in his own way. We don't seem to have as many "characters" these days.

Totally agree with this

morcus

posted on 2/5/11 at 03:05 AM Reply With Quote
Like some of the above, I don't hold him that highly because he didn't seem to race an a way that was very sporting but what he did off the track is incredible. Wasn't he the one that said taking away all the driver aids without limiting anything else was going to lead to accidents? Then to have two men killed on one weekend.

I read somewhere they found an Austrian Flag in his car when they recovered it which he'd been planning to unfurl for his Victory lap in honour of Ratzburg.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.