Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What BHP should I get from my ST 20v 4age?
blockhead_rich

posted on 4/5/11 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
What BHP should I get from my ST 20v 4age?

I've got a Silvertop 20v 4age, in my Velocity. The engine is all pretty standard, new rings, honed bores, new bearings, seals, etc. Omex 600 ECU, standard cams, 4 into 1 tubular exhaust and standard Toyota inlet trumpets (the plastic ones that are in the standard airbox which I binned). My car is at ATSPEED after it's RR set up session (I'm picking it up tomorrow) and I'm told it only made about 125 BHP @ the wheels which seems a little low (ATSPEED also expected more).

Anyone have any ideas?? ETC??

Rich

rick q

posted on 4/5/11 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
There's a huge variation between dynos so the results from one can't be compared to another. I'm also told that simple things like keeping tyre pressures high will raise the result [less rolling resistance].

Having said that, my Silvertop which is essentially stock rebuilt with mild cams [no peak power increase just a bit more torque down low] running with a Haltech gave me 127hp at the wheels - same result as yours.

That figure is generally considered the right result for a "stock" engine at the wheels.

Having said that, they still go like the clappers and are the engine of choice because of their high revving nature in my opinion.

atspeed racing

posted on 5/5/11 at 05:59 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting Mr. Blockhead_rich. We did have concerns that there was a problem with the engine, but looks as if the power is correct.
We was expecting more than the results we got.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
flak monkey

posted on 5/5/11 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Well thats about 150bhp at the flywheel, so sounds about right to me for a basically standard engine...

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

scutter

posted on 5/5/11 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
That sounds about right, my ST170 engine made 190 at the engine and 151 at the rear wheels.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.